1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Chinook Lake, Alberta

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by jmacpix, Aug 14, 2010.

1. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

A few pix from our week away camping at Chinook Lake in the Crowsnest Pass area of South Western Alberta...

Chinook_Lake002.

Chinook_Lake004.

Chinook_Lake006.

Chinook_Lake007.

Chinook_Lake010.

Chinook_Lake011.

Chinook_Lake012.

Crowsnest001.

All shot with a GF1 a 14-45mm and a 20mm.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Arctic Photog

Arctic Photog Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2010
    Canada's Arctic
    Great shots Jeff... the third one is my favorite one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mrs T

Mrs T Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2010
    South Glos
    Hi Jeff

Looks like a lovely peaceful location. A nice group of pictures.

Amanda

• Like Like x 1
  4. dko22

dko22 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Stuttgart, Germany
    same here --I really like the third as well!

• Like Like x 1
  5. atom

atom Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Beautiful shots. I spent a couple winters in Fernie, a little west of the pass. I still remember driving down from Calgary to Fernie for the first time down to the 22 to #3. What a beautiful drive through the foothills and into the mountains. I had some white-knucklers driving through there in the winter too.

6. nmatheis

nmatheis New to Mu-43

Aug 4, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I agree that the third shot is great! Good job keeping the daisies from blowing-out.

I also really like your last shot. It has nice colors without being too exaggerated.

Did you have to do much PP on those photos?

My 3rd favorite is of the girls walking hand-in-hand - classic. I do have a suggestion, though - if I was taking that picture, I'd try holding the camera at waist-level so it'd be more around the girls' head-level to not only get the cute picture of them holding hands but also get an idea of what they're looking at as they hike along.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Nice series - looks like a great trip. There are several well composed and executed shots in this group, but my favorite is the girls walking hand in hand from behind. In some ways it not the best photograph, but its so thoroughly human and touches me in a place the others don't. I remember my daughters being that age and your shot really brought that time and those memories back in a very sweet way. I get the comment about bringing the camera down to the girls' level, but OTOH, I like it the way it is. It's taken from the photographer's perspective and, in this case, rightfully from the father's perspective. That's how you see them most of the time (don't worry, they'll be up to camera height soon enough!) and keeping the perspective at your level I think works very well in this case.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. Locster

Locster Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2010
    A very nice collection of landscape and family pics. I like the 3rd to last photo the most. It shows the scale and beauty of nature and adds a human touch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    Great pictures - thank you for sharing. My favourite is also the third picture, just love the way the daisies are leaning forward to be in the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

Thanks everyone for the great feed back!

Just the basic PP like cropping, levels, sharpening, a little dodging and burning.

I tried some lower angle stuff of the girls but the background was to cluttered, this one looked the cleanest. I also liked how the road looked never ending in this shot, kinda like they're journeying down the path of life together or something hokey like that...