1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Chinese New Year Stage Performance

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jalex, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Here are a couple of shots from a Chinese New Year performance that I've been photographing for the last five years. I mainly used my Canon 7D with the 17-55 f2.8 IS but I also took my Olympus EPL-1 (Panasonic 20 f/1.7) which I used in these shots. The dances and martial arts at this event are generally the most challenging thing I shoot all year with the fast action and the poor and fluctuating lighting and even challenges the Canon 7D as I have to resort to ISO 3200 as I need to keep shutter speed up to prevent motion blur. I am eagerly waiting on the micro four thirds makers to come out with a fast zoom so I can go to this event without a "brick" hanging around my neck (Canon 7D, 17-55 lens and a 580 EX II flash . . . even my husband who held it for me while I was using the Olympus commented on the hefty weight of that combination!)

Jan222011_1588.

Jan222011_1589.

Video of the same dance shot with the EPL-1
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/19135146?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

• Like Like x 1
  2. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Hi Jane, very nice set. Thanks for sharing with us!

cheers

ric

• Like Like x 1