Chinese New Year Stage Performance

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jalex, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Here are a couple of shots from a Chinese New Year performance that I've been photographing for the last five years. I mainly used my Canon 7D with the 17-55 f2.8 IS but I also took my Olympus EPL-1 (Panasonic 20 f/1.7) which I used in these shots. The dances and martial arts at this event are generally the most challenging thing I shoot all year with the fast action and the poor and fluctuating lighting and even challenges the Canon 7D as I have to resort to ISO 3200 as I need to keep shutter speed up to prevent motion blur. I am eagerly waiting on the micro four thirds makers to come out with a fast zoom so I can go to this event without a "brick" hanging around my neck (Canon 7D, 17-55 lens and a 580 EX II flash . . . even my husband who held it for me while I was using the Olympus commented on the hefty weight of that combination!)

Video of the same dance shot with the EPL-1
    <iframe src=";byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="398" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi Jane, very nice set. Thanks for sharing with us!

• Like Like x 1