China to the UK...£0.99 all in.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dave in Wales, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    What chance Western ecconomies....?

This large cap, 67mm, is of excellent quality and cost me the princely sum of £0.99, yes just 99p all in, that's P&P included.

Ordered on the 23rd of Dec, delivery was promised 3rd-23rd of Jan, so it was three days early.

Cap by Dave in Wales, on Flickr
  2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    They do know how to make a mockery of our postal prices don't they.

Still I suppose that's what happens when you have more than a billion people willing to work for less than a bowl of rice, Pay liveable wages and the price goes up exponentially, but then we all moan about how much things cost these days.

Mind you once China has all the worlds manufacturing you will see the prices work there way up then, once they are able to hold the world to ransom. And its not far from that point now (You have been warned) :smile:
  3. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    At some point it enters our own postal system. So how come they pay lass for delivery than we do without our own country?
  4. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
  5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    I've had even more surprising deals, including a USB SD card reader for 39p including postage.
    (Less than 2nd class letter post within the UK)
  6. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I believe 1£ can get you at least one beer in a convenience store in China, sometimes two. Easily worth a lens cap.
  7. Theo

Theo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    Theo K.
    These are great deals only if you received them. I found that not all those $1-2 eBay orders delivered. My receive rate is about 80%. If you haven't received your item in 30 days, immediately file a dispute to get your money back. At least twice I was contacted by the sellers who never delivered, and they offered to send again. They never arrived and my dispute deadline expired.
  8. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    pretty much same experience. My delivery rate was 100% but recent few (small value) items have not been delivered.

I sometimes felt like a prick for refusing a resend, if they have really sent it, but yeah, not any more. Refund immediatelly, no "wait a few days" or "check with your postal office".