Childhood memories

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by angloasturian, Jul 19, 2010.

1. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

At the moment I'm back 'home' in England in the house I lived in from when I was 3 years old till I left for University and finally ended up in Spain. This park is at the bottom of our road and is about 30 meters away. As you can imagine I spent many happy hours here and have probably climbed just about every tree you can see! I've added two photos of my parents I took last week - not bad for 88 - year - olds ( 89 Sep/Oct)! If genetics are to be trusted I'll live to a ripe old age - if drink doesn't get me first!

• Like Like x 2
  2. angloasturian

angloasturian Mu-43 Veteran

Photos

Sorry - forgot to add the photos.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Darell Miller

Darell Miller Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2010
    Beautiful shots of the park Colin. I love the way you have captured that golden hour light.

Darell

• Like Like x 2
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Colin, thanks for your story and the beautiful images. Your parents look very young.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I agree - you've done wonderfully catching that lovely light, Colin. The approaching storm clouds, the family walking with their dog and, of course, the dog alone on the path are my favorites.

As for your parents who are about to have their 89th birthdays - you definitely have fantastic genes! Both your mother and father are extremely fit and look much younger than their years - how wonderful for them both to have each other and be enjoying their lives. How great for you to have your parents. I wish mine were still with me and in such good health as yours.

Colin, I always enjoy your photographs and am so glad that you include the story behind them.

It must have been great to be back home for a visit.:smile:

• Like Like x 2