1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Chicago: Panasonic 7-14

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Crdome, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I've had this marvelous piece of glass several weeks, and dying to try it out in the big city. I have much to learn about how to shoot with effectively. Next month I'm visiting NYC where I'm eager to shoot in crowds of people.

Millennium Park
    Millinium_Park_114_web.

Do Not Follow
    Do_Not_Follow_306_web.

Scene at the "Bean"
    Scene_at_the_Bean_097_sm.

Crystal Environ
    Crysal_Environ_285_web.

Chicago River
    Chicago_River_295_web.

Pilsen: Underpass
    Pilsen_Underpass_013_web.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Ah, Chi-town... funny, I was just texting with a new friend and reminiscing about Chi-town when I saw this thread. xD

3. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    The river shot is my favorite. I love the scene down there at night. The buildings, the lights, the water...

4. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I was really bummed. The last time I saw the Wriggley building at night it was illuminated with several 20' banks of lights along the river and it absolutely popped. Now it's illuminated with perhaps only 8-10 bulbs at street level. It's no longer a spectacle. Now it blends into everything else.

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Yeah that river shot is pretty cool, so is the last shot....just to show off how wide it can go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    crdome... hey man, congrats on the 7-14. You're off to a good start with it... looking forward to seeing more from you with it. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Thanks Don,

I've been looking for more postings of your travels. Stop holding back.

I went to a Fiddlers' Gathering friday night and shot a photos of of food concession trucks and vendor booths, trying to shoot in the "Regionalist" style such as Edward Hooper Diner. Lighting was fabulous, and the shooting was more experimental to understand its potential. There is nothing competent I would post post, but I was quite satisfied where it was leading. There was too much visual clutter, and with the short focus, I'm not yet comfortable sticking the lens directly in some one's face. There are many people, far larger and more assertive than me, who take "Stand your ground" seriously.

It was quite enlighteniing. I pushed myself and the GH2 to ISO's I have been reluctant to go. Much was 1600 ASA, with some 3200. My photo aesthetic is rooted in my 1970's Photo 101 class. We only used 4x5 Speed Graflex cameras in the field and rail cameras in thestudio. The film was ASA 25. LAter in life I can tolerate ASA 100, but the graininess of Tri-X was disturbing relative to the fine, dense silver crystals of ASA 25.

8. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Chrome... I can tell you're having a great time shooting! That's what it's ALL about... enjoy, my friend. :smile: