Chicago Meetup

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by ojuice1, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    Any members here from Chicago? I have been shooting for a few years, but would still consider myself a rookie. It would be awesome to get a group meetup to shoot and learn from everyone.

2. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    I'm 25 miles west of Chicago in Naperville. There is another member (crdome) about 2 hrs away and he knows another in the area. We have emailed about a meetup but so far haven't been able to connect on specific time. I sent him a message to check in here. What are you shooting with these days?

3. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    Crazy! I thought there would be more members from Chicago. Well maybe we could get something set up.

4. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Live and work in the loop. I'd love to meet other m43 users!

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I'm in too! I live 2 hours away, but am partially familiar with the neighborhoods. My daughter lived there for four years.

tol1l1yboy should be interested too
    -Chrome

6. ivoire

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    I'm free from tomorrow up thru the 13th. If any/all of you have time, let me know. I would train in and meet in the city.

7. ojuice1

ojuice1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2013
    I work in the loop too! Definitely need to get a meet together!

8. ivoire

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    I've been in the area on and off for 13 yrs and still haven't explored the city. Here's a "list" of potential sites to shoot:

10 Best Places for Pictures in Chicago - Assignment Chicago

and Gary, Indiana would be good also for decaying architecture.

If any of you are railfans, Blue Island has a great spot to shoot trains. Four rusty bridges cross the canal at the RR xing near Broadway/Kott Streets. I've seen as many as 6 trains in 1.5hrs on a sunday

9. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    I would like to meet you guys in Chicago and it is definitely an interesting city for photographers. But at 10 hours+ for a round trip, it's a little too far for me. Have fun.

10. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
    Western 'burbs here....Carol Stream...

Not sure when I'd be able to get into the city, but I wanted y'all to know I am here...:smile:

11. tol1l1yboy

tol1l1yboy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 12, 2013
    Chicago
    I live in the far Northwest Suburb of Crystal Lake. I live about 2 blocks from the train station and it is a not so quick hour and a half to the city. It beats driving though. I could meet up on the 22nd or 23rd of June. Right now I dont have anything on the calendar :)

Ill actually be in the city this weekend but I am going to be at the cubs game and then watching the hawks kick some Kings ass somewhere after that. Im in the city all the time so as long as I dont have my boys or have plans I can meet up.

12. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Also Chicago area. Might be interested in hanging out if the timing is right.

13. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    I like urban and industrial decay, ethnic neighborhoods, street markets and fairs, etc. I think there are are also commercial produce and fish markets.

Any special events now and soon?

Who is free:

-This weekends (Sat 71° - 60°) Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain 10%.
    (Sun 76° - 62° Scattered T-Storms Chance of rain 40%

-Other specific weekends

-Specific week days and times.

How long of day? Into the evening shooting?

Need to define the area(s) to shoot:

Where to meet:

Where to park:

-Chrome
    I am very flexible weekdays and weekends.

14. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Caimi -I must tell you I'm a bit disappointed with this defeatist attitude. I envisioned you leisurely spending 2 days along the path of Route 66, documenting all the Mother Road sites, then meeting us at Mile 0. It isn't like driving all the way to Maryland.

Here, I've already scouted out the Launching Pad Drive-In restaurant in Wilmington, IL for you.

-Chrome

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/91846136@N04/8599925474/" title="z Launching pad v2 sm by MyCrome, on Flickr"> 8599925474_9fcc82efbc_o. "489" height="750" alt="z Launching pad v2 sm"></a>

15. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Great.. now that I left Chicago for good, you guys are planning to meet?! :eek:

Have fun & post lots of photos!!

16. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    No reason you cant come back for the weekend. :2thumbs:

17. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Haha, I could, I guess :thumbup:

18. marcl

marcl Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2012
    I'm in the city, in Lincoln Park. It would be nice to meet other m43 shooters.

19. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
  20. ivoire

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    Trying to get a group of people together is always a miss n 'maybe' hit thing. Once any two have determined that they can meet they should just pick a place and time and publish it in the thread and then anyone else can join in if they are free. My weekdays are almost always open but the weekends in summer are almost always tied up (probably the opposite for most of you).