Cheltenham with OMD

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Iansky, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I was in Cheltenham today with the OMD+25mm and took some street shots that I then converted to B&W using Silver Efex Pro.

Results below:

And_his_shadow.

In_the_paper.

On_the_bench.

Stick_shorts.

2. lescox

lescox Mu-43 Regular

Mar 15, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Cotswolds

Plan on being there myself in a few weeks on holiday. Taking the OMD and with the 17mm and 45mm, I hope to have the perfect travel setup. Expect to have the 17mm on as the walkaround, but taking the 45 along for those times when it shines.
    Have been looking forward to visiting the Cotswolds for a long time and now all we need is for it to warm up and stay fine.

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Excellent job Ian.. Love them all. It seems you are enjoying ur OMD a lot:2thumbs::2thumbs:
    Cheers

4. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Awesome shots!!

I really like how the OM-D files react to B+W or Monochrome processing. I am almost tempted to convert everything to monochrome sometimes.

5. 16jvl

16jvl New to Mu-43

Really nice shots. The 25 mm focal length looks ideal for the street. Is it the Panasonic 25 mm

6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Lovely shots

7. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all for the nice comments.

The 25 I use is the LeicaPanasonic 25mm f1.4 that is a superb lens (had it on my GX1 where it rattle-snaked constantly), on the OMD it appears even faster to focus and I do not experience the noise anymore.

I find the 25 a perfect lens for me when doing street and it certainly renders images that appear to have a nice 3D effect and meet my requirements until I can afford the 12mm then I can switch between the 2.

Thanks Bhupinder, I am really enjoying my affair with the OMD and find it a very different machine to the GX1 and a joy to use.

8. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    This is good news indeed Ian. I am now expecting my p25 on Tuesday.

9. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Tom,

I am sure you will be delighted with your 25, it is bigger and heavier than equivalent lenses but beautifully made and it comes with a lens shade.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your images from the new lens.

10. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Very nice Ian. 2 and 4 really stand out for me. I also like your processing. Thanks.

11. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    Ron
    Wow! These are tack sharp! Nice shots!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

12. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Very nice set Ian.

13. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Guys,

The OMD + 25mm is one magic combo that delivers great quality.

14. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    The moment you capture your photos always give sth special to them! Overall this is a very nice set! Thank you for sharing Ian!