Cheers from PA!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tpitch14, Mar 31, 2010.

1. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Hello forum!

I'm a new user who'll be making the jump from P&S into the world of m43 in the near future. Just wanted to say hello, and thanks to all the great folks who make this site what it is. I've found it to be a friendly, informative source of information, and much less intimidating than other forums that exist...
    It's a lot of information to digest, and having peers that exercise patience make it quite the enjoyable experience!

Anyway, looking forward to continually learning and hopefully contributing in the near future. I've got my eye on either the GF1 or the E-PL1 right now, and most likely in conjunction with the Panasonic 20/1.7.

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

tpitch14, welcome to mu43.com and many thanks on behalf of all us members for your thoughtful compliments. I have to say that when I found my way in here, I felt the same way. It's a comfortable place with a wide variety of members from around the globe with different levels of experience.:thumbup:

Promise to keep us apprised of your decision and check out the Housekeeping section so you'll be ready to post a few photos with with your new:43:.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome tpitch14. You will love the image quality of MFT - a great step up from P&S.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Thanks to you both for the welcome! I'm looking forward to the step up. Photography has always intrigued me, but I've never had the equipment to produce some nicer results! Really looking forward to further exploring the boundaries of my creativity. But first, I need to decide on which body :wink:

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
  7. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Welcome aboard....
    Philly Pa here....
    Shooter

• Like Like x 2
  9. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Thanks again for the welcome! Streetshooter, I'm about an hour NW of the city :smile: Still haven't made my decision on which body to go with at this point, but am enjoying the information posted here each day...

10. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    TP and I say that in a good way :)

A hardy welcome from us few in Arizona....welcome

Pete

11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi tpitch14, good luck with your choice and welcome to the forum! :friends:

Cheers

Brian

12. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Thanks Brian, and thanks for the wealth of information you contribute here! So VERY helpful!!! My frontrunner is the E-PL1, and I don't really see that changing :biggrin: -- just haven't decided when I'll be purchasing. Wanted to get a hands-on at a local BB, but no dice thus far...

13. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The camera shop in Bryn Mawr has it in stock...
    Ask for Billbo

14. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Funny you should mention that, it's very close to my office-- I've been in contact with him actually, asking if he could do a combo deal on the E-PL1 and the Panny 20/1.7, but no luck with that either. However, maybe I'll take a trip to the shop to check the body out in person

15. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    The 20 you'll have to do on the net....
    The EVF... Forget for a while...