1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cheers from Munich

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ennonymous, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ennonymous

ennonymous New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2012
    Germany
    Hey there,

just wanted to say hi (again) - been reading the site for a few weeks now and thought, it might be time to speak up myself.

I've been a photography hobbyist for a few years now; started with a Canon AE-1 back in '97 and switched to digital somewhere in the early '00s. First camera was a Kodak DC4800 with a ridiculous low pixel count, but took great pictures in Norway with it anyway. Shortly after that, I was lucky enough to get my hands on Sony F828, which I used to take some halfway decent images in the US while living there.

After that great camera developed a sensor issue taking it beyond repair, I seem to have been struck with that awful "gear acquisition" syndrome; there was a point where I would not use a lens to take a picture I wanted, but took a picture because I wanted to use a specific lens... that resulted in quite a bit of Nikon DX gear, but not too much to show for in terms of images.

So now that the OM-D came out, I took the opportunity to switch (yes, by acquiring even more gear...) and start with just the kit lens and the Panasonic 20mm/1.7 - and I honestly haven't needed anything else so far. But I know that itch will return... ;) 

So, anyway, I've been enjoying all the image threads and friendly advice that can be found here - thanks for that, and I'm looking forward to perhaps putting in a few words of my own.

Cheers
    - Enno

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Enno! The 20/1.7 spends a lot of time on my OM-D too. Great images and I think they look pretty great together also. =D

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the site - plenty of GAS here! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.