Cheers from Munich

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ennonymous, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ennonymous

ennonymous New to Mu-43

Sep 7, 2012
    Hey there,

just wanted to say hi (again) - been reading the site for a few weeks now and thought, it might be time to speak up myself.

I've been a photography hobbyist for a few years now; started with a Canon AE-1 back in '97 and switched to digital somewhere in the early '00s. First camera was a Kodak DC4800 with a ridiculous low pixel count, but took great pictures in Norway with it anyway. Shortly after that, I was lucky enough to get my hands on Sony F828, which I used to take some halfway decent images in the US while living there.

After that great camera developed a sensor issue taking it beyond repair, I seem to have been struck with that awful "gear acquisition" syndrome; there was a point where I would not use a lens to take a picture I wanted, but took a picture because I wanted to use a specific lens... that resulted in quite a bit of Nikon DX gear, but not too much to show for in terms of images.

So now that the OM-D came out, I took the opportunity to switch (yes, by acquiring even more gear...) and start with just the kit lens and the Panasonic 20mm/1.7 - and I honestly haven't needed anything else so far. But I know that itch will return... ;)

So, anyway, I've been enjoying all the image threads and friendly advice that can be found here - thanks for that, and I'm looking forward to perhaps putting in a few words of my own.

- Enno
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Enno! The 20/1.7 spends a lot of time on my OM-D too. Great images and I think they look pretty great together also. =D
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the site - plenty of GAS here! :biggrin: