Check out this poor guy...

0dBm

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I don't believe it was the "gear" that caused the perspiration. You live in the Carolinas, correct? I'm from Southeast Virginia-Northeast North Carolina. I know how humid it can get there during the Summer months.

LVL8hacker

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Larry Anderson
"All that gear"? One camera, one lens, one flash? It's not even a big lens. That's not very much gear.
And the big bag he had on his back

I don't believe it was the "gear" that caused the perspiration. You live in the Carolinas, correct? I'm from Southeast Virginia-Northeast North Carolina. I know how humid it can get there during the Summer months.

Notice the other people around him......he was hurting

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
How about this one ????
:rofl::rofl:

P3310749.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
All in all... when huffing around on your feet with a kit of camera gear, aren't we fortunate to not be schlepping FF gear, when m4/3 gear will satisfy most people's needs for image making. Certainly there are a lot of people who schlep around much heavier gear than they need to for the end result of their image making.

For some, FF is what's needed, so you do what you've got to do. For many others, we can achieve what we need to achieve with the smaller, lighter format m4/3. That's nice! :wink:

After using my m4/3 gear on the road for 8 months, I returned home. When I handled my FF Canon gear, especially the L lenses, I was stunned how I had grown accustomed to the smaller form factor of m4/3 while I was away from my FF gear. My Canon FF lenses seemed HUGE to me after being away from them for 8 months.

There is plenty of reason for some people to continue to use FF gear. But for a lot of shooters, who don't need to print much, if at ALL, m4/3 is refreshingly small and light, and wonderful.

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Don, I'm having the same reaction after a mere few months. The ability to travel truly light without having to compromise on prime vs. zoom or number of lenses (to a point..) is liberating. Having said that, I think that my 'big trips' (say Asia, Australia) will still see the 5DII come along for the ride, but likely only with one or two lenses; possibly just the 35L, and the 50/1.4 Zeiss can fit both cameras. Reason being I do love my ridiculously huge prints.

Or maybe I should simply trade in the entire EOS system for a D800E and a 12-24/2.8 for my resolution fix...

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Don, I'm having the same reaction after a mere few months. The ability to travel truly light without having to compromise on prime vs. zoom or number of lenses (to a point..) is liberating. Having said that, I think that my 'big trips' (say Asia, Australia) will still see the 5DII come along for the ride, but likely only with one or two lenses; possibly just the 35L, and the 50/1.4 Zeiss can fit both cameras. Reason being I do love my ridiculously huge prints.

Or maybe I should simply trade in the entire EOS system for a D800E and a 12-24/2.8 for my resolution fix...

Hey man... you carry what you feel you need to carry to achieve your objective!

My objectives, at this point, no longer include professional products to clients and are generally entirely personal - which may include stock use of some sort. For these purposes, I'm happy to be shooting m4/3.

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I really enjoy the lighter weight of :43:. The poor guy in the OP looks miserable but I would guess it has more to do with the heat and his choice of a backpack for his gear. I like a messenger style bag - it sits against my hip and not in the center of the back. Makes it a bit cooler to carry on a hot day. :biggrin:

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
I'll state it. Besides the backpack that adds weight, he's also carrying around the same extra 25 lbs that makes me sweat profusely during the summer. If he (and I) would hit the gym and skip the sundaes, the slightly large camera and lenses wouldn't be such a burden.

Think about it....is it the camera that weighs an extra 2 lbs or the spare tire that weighs an extra 20?

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Hey, I'm including myself in there so it's not like I'm pointing fingers. I sweat a lot more now than I did 8 years ago. The difference is the weight. The number one health issue (at least in the US) and until people take responsibility, we're all paying for it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom