1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Cheapest M4/3 in the UK?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by The Minimalist, Apr 5, 2012.

1. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    That's cheap . Almost cheap enough to lure me over to the dark side....( Pana ) lol. I want a second cam body to complement my E-PL1 for AF shooting. Tempted.....

3. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    I know what you mean, I really don't need a second body, but.........

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Flippin' heck....PC World have just advertised the E-PL1 with kit lens for.....£130.97...!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Yeah, but try finding stock anywhere.... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

That's a great deal for a great camera and a good (but not great) lens.

As a comparison I would suggest looking on eBay UK for the seller "olympusmarket". This is Olympus Europe selling off some of its vast stocks of unsold cameras and lenses, much to the chagrin of Olympus dealers across the EU and sellers of used Olympus equipment who have seen secondhand values plummet.

Some of the equipment is new and some is sold as refurbished. But some/most of the refurbished stock is also new. It is only advertised as "refurbished" to avoid further upsetting Olympus dealers. The stuff that really is refurbished is described as "Wie Neu" or "Like New". All items come with a warranty that is valid across Europe.

Obviously these are mostly auctions with only a few advertised as "Buy It Now". But if you search on "Completed Items" you will get a pretty good idea what they go for. Don't forget to add for the cost of shipping from Germany:

olympusmarket | eBay

• Like Like x 2
  7. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    There is also the GF3 + 14mm lens for £200 (after £50 cashback) + a free copy of Lightroom 3 (at SRS) + a free 3 year extended warranty:

Panasonic Lumix GF3 Cameras - Compact System Cameras - Page 1 - SRS Microsystems

Panasonic DMC-GF3 White + 14mm Pancake - Only £249.00 - Park Cameras Online

While the GF3 is disliked for it's lack of hotshoe and inability to attach an evf, I think at that price it makes a great second body and/or small take anywhere camera with the 14mm lens. The lens alone costs £200 at retail so you are basically getting the GF3 body for 'free' - although the lens goes for around £100 to £125 (new) on ebay so more accurately you are getting the GF3 for £80 to £100 [my basic Canon ixus compact camera cost more than that!] - plus you get a free copy of LR3 which if you already have or don't want you can easily sell).

No wonder ebay (UK) is flooded with GF3 bodies and 14mm lenses at the moment :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. elle s'ennuie

elle s'ennuie Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2012
    Europe
    That's interesting to know. I bought my E-pl3 from Olympusmarket recently, advertised as 'refurbished'. I couldn't really spot any obvious signs of previous use, except for the shutter count of 450.

• Like Like x 1
  9. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Marilyn
    Very interesting thread...I am also looking for a second body..probably an Olympus as I already have a G1.

Why the big price drops for these camera's in the UK, I wonder :confused:

10. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Marilyn
    I was looking at one of these this week for a price tag of £179 without lens (which I don't need as I have my G1 lens) - definitely worth investigating :wink:

11. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Wow, some good deals around at the moment then. Some of them would be very tempting if I hadn't just spent all my pocket money on an iPad!

12. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Probably clearing a backlog of GF3 stock as the new model (GF5) is coming soon. I think the GF3 may not have been as big a seller for Panasonic as they hoped - too 'compact like' for enthusiasts and not enough interest from people upgrading from a compact?

13. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Was that the silver [champagne] one on amazon?
    Olympus E-PL1 Compact System Camera - Champagne: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

SRS also have the GF3 + 14mm deal on ebay (black or red) but with free delivery rather than the £7 if you order via their website:

PANASONIC GF-3 BLACK + 14mm - NEW - SPECIAL OFFER - INC. ADOBE LIGHTROOM 3 - UK! (5025232637393) | eBay

PANASONIC GF-3 RED + 14mm - NEW - SPECIAL OFFER - INC. ADOBE LIGHTROOM 3 - UK! (5025232637485) | eBay

They also have the 14mm lens on it's own for £129 delivered:

PANASONIC 14mm F2.5 - MICRO 4/3 FIT - NEW - UNBOXED (5025232589906) | eBay