Cheap source for camera batteries? (SLRs, etc.)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by qball, Oct 3, 2010.

1. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Can anyone recommend a cheap online placed to order batteries for old cameras, SLRs, etc.

Thanks,

Q

2. zuiko

zuiko Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 19, 2010
    Amazon has the cheap aftermarket batteries for most devices that take LiIon. I think I paid about 7 bucks for a spare EP1 battery. If you mean REALLY old like mercury button batteries I don't know where you could get those any more.

3. jbart

jbart Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Ottawa
    bought 3 e-pl1 batteries from a "local" company on ebay. Reliable shipping. All 3 batteries are better than my original olympus which would have cost $69 or more new.

I can provide link if you want. Canadian shipping was my reason for choosing "local".

4. kiynook

kiynook Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
  5. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I just buy zinc/air batteries and stack them if necessary. I always also google first to find if the camera in question can work with the fluctuating current of alkaline batteries, since they are readily available :)

6. DDG

DDG Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2010
    The Maximal Power brand battery that a lot of people recommend as a low-cost replacement for the Olympus BLS-1 battery is now as low as $3.20 at Amazon.

7. antithetic

antithetic Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    City of Angels
    I've had good experiences so far with the Maximal Power brand batteries and like DDG mentioned, they are really inexpensive right now.

I picked up a couple extra in a recent Amazon order to get free shipping. Since I fuddle too much with legacy lenses, the extra spares are great peace of mind.

8. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    I can confirm the chipped batteries being sold on eBay DO work on the Panasonic G2. I've ordered 2 and took a chance as they're labeled as being "chipped"..........they work and charge in the OEM charger just as an original battery does.
    I can't speak for battery performance as I've yet to take them out for any period of time but having them as spares almost certainly means a full days shooting should be available to me.
    This was the seller I bought my batts from (no affiliation to them other than I've purchased from them)
    eBay My World - accstation

9. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Cheap source for camera batteries? (SLRs, etc.)

Thanks for giving this great information and Maximal Power brand batteries are too good and functional.