Cheap source for camera batteries? (SLRs, etc.)

qball

Mu-43 Regular
Can anyone recommend a cheap online placed to order batteries for old cameras, SLRs, etc.

Thanks,

Q

zuiko

Mu-43 Rookie
Amazon has the cheap aftermarket batteries for most devices that take LiIon. I think I paid about 7 bucks for a spare EP1 battery. If you mean REALLY old like mercury button batteries I don't know where you could get those any more.

jbart

Mu-43 Regular
bought 3 e-pl1 batteries from a "local" company on ebay. Reliable shipping. All 3 batteries are better than my original olympus which would have cost $69 or more new.

I can provide link if you want. Canadian shipping was my reason for choosing "local".

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
I just buy zinc/air batteries and stack them if necessary. I always also google first to find if the camera in question can work with the fluctuating current of alkaline batteries, since they are readily available :)

DDG

Mu-43 Regular
The Maximal Power brand battery that a lot of people recommend as a low-cost replacement for the Olympus BLS-1 battery is now as low as $3.20 at Amazon.

antithetic

Mu-43 Regular
I've had good experiences so far with the Maximal Power brand batteries and like DDG mentioned, they are really inexpensive right now.

I picked up a couple extra in a recent Amazon order to get free shipping. Since I fuddle too much with legacy lenses, the extra spares are great peace of mind.

SteveNunez

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Nunez
I can confirm the chipped batteries being sold on eBay DO work on the Panasonic G2. I've ordered 2 and took a chance as they're labeled as being "chipped"..........they work and charge in the OEM charger just as an original battery does.
I can't speak for battery performance as I've yet to take them out for any period of time but having them as spares almost certainly means a full days shooting should be available to me.
This was the seller I bought my batts from (no affiliation to them other than I've purchased from them)
eBay My World - accstation

ChristopheG

Mu-43 Regular
Cheap source for camera batteries? (SLRs, etc.)

Thanks for giving this great information and Maximal Power brand batteries are too good and functional.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom