1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cheap source for camera batteries? (SLRs, etc.)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by qball, Oct 3, 2010.

1. qball

qball Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2010
    Can anyone recommend a cheap online placed to order batteries for old cameras, SLRs, etc.

Thanks,

Q

2. zuiko

zuiko Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 19, 2010
    Amazon has the cheap aftermarket batteries for most devices that take LiIon. I think I paid about 7 bucks for a spare EP1 battery. If you mean REALLY old like mercury button batteries I don't know where you could get those any more.

3. jbart

jbart Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Ottawa
    bought 3 e-pl1 batteries from a "local" company on ebay. Reliable shipping. All 3 batteries are better than my original olympus which would have cost $69 or more new.

I can provide link if you want. Canadian shipping was my reason for choosing "local".

4. kiynook

kiynook Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2010
  5. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I just buy zinc/air batteries and stack them if necessary. I always also google first to find if the camera in question can work with the fluctuating current of alkaline batteries, since they are readily available :) 

6. DDG

DDG Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2010
    The Maximal Power brand battery that a lot of people recommend as a low-cost replacement for the Olympus BLS-1 battery is now as low as $3.20 at Amazon.

7. antithetic

antithetic Mu-43 Regular

Jun 7, 2010
    City of Angels
    I've had good experiences so far with the Maximal Power brand batteries and like DDG mentioned, they are really inexpensive right now.

I picked up a couple extra in a recent Amazon order to get free shipping. Since I fuddle too much with legacy lenses, the extra spares are great peace of mind.

8. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
    I can confirm the chipped batteries being sold on eBay DO work on the Panasonic G2. I've ordered 2 and took a chance as they're labeled as being "chipped"..........they work and charge in the OEM charger just as an original battery does.
    I can't speak for battery performance as I've yet to take them out for any period of time but having them as spares almost certainly means a full days shooting should be available to me.
    This was the seller I bought my batts from (no affiliation to them other than I've purchased from them)
    eBay My World - accstation

9. ChristopheG

ChristopheG Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Cheap source for camera batteries? (SLRs, etc.)

Thanks for giving this great information and Maximal Power brand batteries are too good and functional.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.