cheap home camera case/box/suitcase

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by davdenic, Feb 14, 2016.

1. davdenic

davdenic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    David D.
    hi
    i'm looking for a case to store all my stuff, lenses, cables, accessories, whatelse, at home.
    not something i will carry away, just to keep things in order at home.
    I've many bags and backpacks, and all my stuff is around 3 different bags and nothing is easy to find...
    So i'd like something like a rigid case, not expensive, not water resistant, not to transport, just to stay somewhere at home.
    do you have some ideas?
    many thanks :)

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    • Like Like x 3
  3. davdenic

davdenic Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    David D.
  4. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Yeah, I should have explained. They have other styles. Search the page, I recall some nice ones at reasonable prices. The other option is to scan eBay for Pelican and Vanguard cases. I have bought two like-new Vanguard cases very inexpensively on eBay.

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm not sure how much stuff you have, but a large, discount camera backpack might be a simple solution. Since you won't be trekking with it, you don't have to worry that it might not be durable:
    Multi-Functional Travel Camera Backpack Bag Case for DSLR SLR Canon Nikon Sony

You could also buy some generic camera bag inserts and stack a few of them next to each other in a medium sized storage tote/bin.
    Something like this, but there are a lot of varieties out there: Insert Padded Camera Bag DSLR Inner Folding Divider Partition Protect Case Black

6. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    I have a dedicated drawer full of cheap ikea dividers.
    It keep things in order, and easy to access:
    DSC_0401.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I need a hard case to store my camera gear when it's not in use. I need something I can seal up with desiccant inside to keep mold and moisture out in the subtropics. I'm leaning toward the Pelican 1510 with dividers. Does anyone have suggestions for something along those lines that may be less expensive?

8. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
  9. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I also found that Monoprice has hard cases currently on sale. Search result for weatherproof hard case - Monoprice.com

However, with shipping added, the one that is similar to the Pelican 1510 isn't that much cheaper and it just has the foam filler, not the padded dividers I prefer. Makes the Pelican the top choice. Still, one may find a Monoprice case attractive.