1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cheap GX7 spare battery option

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by tkbslc, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I found a nice cheap alternative spare battery for the GX7/LX100. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it was news to me. I was not excited to run generics or pay $45 for a spare BLG10.

The old GF3 battery, the DMW-BLE9 is only $11!

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMW...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424885902&sr=8-1&keywords=BLE9

The ONLY difference between it and the BLG10 is that it is 940mAh vs 1025. So for less than the price of a generic, you can get an genuine Panasonic battery and the only tradeoff is 9% less charge. I've tested it in my GX7 and charger and it works the same. Generic batteries for these cameras say they replace both BLG10 and BLE9, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    And this is just about the only battery that will give a good performance in a GX7, I have lost count of the number of eBay compatibles I have bought that consistently go flat in under a 100 shots, even the DSTE ones don't last long, which is odd as the DSTE ones I use in out G5 & G6 easily last as long as the original.

Its got so bad with the GX7 that I have just invested in one of the external power adaptors to allow me to run it off a pack in my camera bag

Two 18650 Li-ion at 6000mah should last all day and are no bigger than a couple of AA cells.

Paul

3. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
  4. tkbslc

That's actually the same seller, too. Nice.

5. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Thanks for the info! I just picked one up ;)

6. tkbslc

• Informative Informative x 1