Cheap GX7 spare battery option

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by tkbslc, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

I found a nice cheap alternative spare battery for the GX7/LX100. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it was news to me. I was not excited to run generics or pay $45 for a spare BLG10.

The old GF3 battery, the DMW-BLE9 is only $11!

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMW...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424885902&sr=8-1&keywords=BLE9

The ONLY difference between it and the BLG10 is that it is 940mAh vs 1025. So for less than the price of a generic, you can get an genuine Panasonic battery and the only tradeoff is 9% less charge. I've tested it in my GX7 and charger and it works the same. Generic batteries for these cameras say they replace both BLG10 and BLE9, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    And this is just about the only battery that will give a good performance in a GX7, I have lost count of the number of eBay compatibles I have bought that consistently go flat in under a 100 shots, even the DSTE ones don't last long, which is odd as the DSTE ones I use in out G5 & G6 easily last as long as the original.

Its got so bad with the GX7 that I have just invested in one of the external power adaptors to allow me to run it off a pack in my camera bag

Two 18650 Li-ion at 6000mah should last all day and are no bigger than a couple of AA cells.

Paul

3. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
  4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

That's actually the same seller, too. Nice.

5. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Thanks for the info! I just picked one up ;)

6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.