1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by guzziknight, Dec 7, 2011.

1. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    A few shots from my visit to Charlotte last week. All taken with my E-P1 and E-PL2.

1. Nascar Hall of Fame, HDR
    [​IMG]

2. Nascar HOF, Panorama
    [​IMG]

3. Tom Polk Park, HDR
    [​IMG]

4. Tom Polk Park, HDR
    [​IMG]

5. Tom Polk Park, HDR
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    happy to see someone went to the NASCAR musuem

I have yet to go, and I live in Charlotte. Do be careful of where you stand to take pictures in Charlotte. That waterfall is one of the places that if they see you taking a picture, building security will come out and tell you to stop. Many of the building security people will tell you that you can't take pictures of any of uptown, but the police will tell you as long as you are on the sidewalk and can see something, you can take a picture of it.

Welcome to our town. The Mint museum will allow photos of much of their work inside of the museum, and the people are friendly all over uptown. A great place to visit or live.

3. guzziknight

guzziknight Mu-43 Veteran

May 18, 2011
    Well, I was out there for quite a while and had no issues. Security here in Atlanta tried that with me one night. I was on a public sidewalk. I told them to call the cops, there's nothing illegal about what I was doing. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I'm a cop as well. :)

I'll have to check out the Mint next time I'm up that way. My brother lives in the area, so I go up a few times a year.