Charleston Photos

Morning everyone. It's been a while since posting photos here for me. Here are a few from my vacation last week. All are HDR using my E-P1.

1. Waterfront Park at Sunrise.

2. Waterfront Park at Sunrise

3. Waterfront Park at Sunrise

4. Reflections

5. Cathedral of St. John the Baptist

6. Magnolia Plantation

7. Magnolia Plantation

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
These are tastefully done. Usually I skitter away as soon as someone says HDR :biggrin:, but most of these are within my personal boundaries. I really like how the second image turned out.

These are tastefully done. Usually I skitter away as soon as someone says HDR :biggrin:, but most of these are within my personal boundaries. I really like how the second image turned out.
Thanks!! I try to use it to extend the dynamic range of the camera, to get what my eyes see. I don't like that crazy, over saturated look that's found on the web.

tanngrisnir3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A bit color-heavy, perhaps, but the first one show's a great eye for framing.

Well done! And kudos for not getting the gear wet.

Nice stuff, I like the fountains the best.

Are you using a tripod and low ISO?
Do you leave it on bracket or manually change the exposure to get the range you need?
Always on a tripod, at ISO 200, no matter the time of day, or the scene. The only exception to this is when I'm somewhere they don't allow tripods. Then I use my E-PL2 and use a 5 stop auto bracket and set the camera to fire all the exposures while I hand hold. Not perfect, but I can usually get something decent out of it.

Manual mode, leave the aperture alone, usually f8 or f11, adjust the shutter to get the exposures I need.

Thanks.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info Guzzi, going into the menus for bracketing always annoys me on the e-P1, I'll try manual next time.
I love the colours in my e-P1, better than e-pL2 in my opinion.

Thanks for the info Guzzi, going into the menus for bracketing always annoys me on the e-P1, I'll try manual next time.
I love the colours in my e-P1, better than e-pL2 in my opinion.
Yeah, I prefer the E-P1 as well. I don't like auto bracketing because it limits the number of exposures, and I don't always do the same number of over/under exposures.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom