Charge camera batteries in the car?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sprinke, May 2, 2012.

1. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Has anyone ever seen a gadget that you could use to charge camera batteries in the car?

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes. It's called a battery charger. All li-ion chargers are the same. Only the physical connection is different. I travel with one of those clippy generic chargers I got for $1 that I use to charge all my cameras/phones. You can get a generic battery charger that will work specifically with your camera battery for about $3-$6. Many of these will come with a 12 volt plug for your car.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I think you may be looking for an "Inverter". They are available nearly everywhere from Walmart to Auto Part Stores and the internet. I purchased mine from Costco. You can run 110 stuff via the ciggie lighter including your camera's battery charger.

G

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    And power inverters are getting seriously cheap these days too. And seriously compact. It wasn't so many years ago that you had to pay $100+ for one and it would have to be a big thing that looked like the amp on your sub if you have a system. Now you can get a tiny little 75-150W adapter and pay as little as $15 for it. There's no excuse not to have a power inverter in your car anymore. ;) 

5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    My preference

Hahnel Innovative Accessories

I do have an inverter in the car. Much prefer the unipal as it can live there, rather than remembering to carry the OEM unit. Also makes a great backup if the OEM fails, which mine has.

Gordon

6. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Thanks everyone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.