Charge camera batteries in the car?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by sprinke, May 2, 2012.

1. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Has anyone ever seen a gadget that you could use to charge camera batteries in the car?

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes. It's called a battery charger. All li-ion chargers are the same. Only the physical connection is different. I travel with one of those clippy generic chargers I got for $1 that I use to charge all my cameras/phones. You can get a generic battery charger that will work specifically with your camera battery for about $3-$6. Many of these will come with a 12 volt plug for your car.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I think you may be looking for an "Inverter". They are available nearly everywhere from Walmart to Auto Part Stores and the internet. I purchased mine from Costco. You can run 110 stuff via the ciggie lighter including your camera's battery charger.

G

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    And power inverters are getting seriously cheap these days too. And seriously compact. It wasn't so many years ago that you had to pay $100+ for one and it would have to be a big thing that looked like the amp on your sub if you have a system. Now you can get a tiny little 75-150W adapter and pay as little as $15 for it. There's no excuse not to have a power inverter in your car anymore. ;)

5. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    My preference

Hahnel Innovative Accessories

I do have an inverter in the car. Much prefer the unipal as it can live there, rather than remembering to carry the OEM unit. Also makes a great backup if the OEM fails, which mine has.

Gordon

6. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Thanks everyone!