1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Changing image aspect ratio in LR3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by ean10775, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    In looking through a photographer's images I like (Scott Mitchell's photos of the Giro D'Italia shot for Team Sky Procycling Team Sky | Pro Cycling | Giro d'Italia | Latest News | Scott Mitchell - Giro stage 20 ) it appears that he is adding distortion to his photos by shooting with a DSLR in the standard 3/2 aspect ratio and than compressing the entire image into a 4/3 aspect ratio. I think its an interesting effect that works for the types of photos he takes. Is this something that can be done easily in LR3? I know that its easy to crop to various aspect ratios in LR3, but can you actually distort the image like you could in Photoshop?

2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    No. you need a program like Photoshop to do this.

Gordon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.