Changes

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
I see that I now have 5 yellow stars and 2 gold stars under my avatar photo. What do they refer to? Also, when I open my profile, there are 2 green rectangles above these stars at top right and when I put the cursor on them I see 'Angloasturian has a spectacular aura about ' - nothing more. Who wrote this and how can I see the complete sentence? Many thanks.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Hi Colin,

We are trying a display of stars for fun. The stars correspond to your post count. The green rectangles and 'Angloasturian has a spectacular aura about ' are not new. In fact, I forgot we still had that system enabled (Reputation system), and now that you've reminded me, I went ahead and disabled it.

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
I wasn't kidding. I was actually giving reputation to people who I found to be helpful. I'm just not broken by the change.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Whatever it is, it is ... strange.

I do not see the rectangles Angloasturian referred to on anybody.

When I click on the little scales in the upper right hand corner I am told I have some reputation points but when I click on someone else's scales I am told I have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours. Something I didn't even know I was doing.

Can reputation points be redeemed for valuable prizes? :tongue:

Also feedback seems to had disappeared.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Whatever it is, it is ... strange.

I do not see the rectangles Angloasturian referred to on anybody.

You have to look at someone's profile to see the rectangles.

When I click on the little scales in the upper right hand corner I am told I have some reputation points but when I click on someone else's scales I am told I have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours. Something I didn't even know I was doing.

When you click on the "Thanks" button, you are giving reputation points :wink:.

Can reputation points be redeemed for valuable prizes? :tongue:

Yes, that's what the rectangles are :biggrin:.

Also feedback seems to had disappeared.

Which feedback?

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I missed the profile reference - my mistake. :redface:

I thought in the posts it used to say "feedback" and had a number of feedbacks given plus a percentage positive.

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
The reputation feature is cool, because you can feed back without thanking any specific post. Also, you can give a reason, although I don't know if anybody but Amin can see those. You can give negative reputation, too, so all those people who are cheesed off with my argumentative nature on the subject of focal length can go wild... (-:

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
so "reputation" and stars are related? And can go down ?
(my "reputation" seems to have collapsed overnight ... or maybe my short term memory is just shot to pieces)

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
The stars are purely based on post count. We adjusted the number of posts needed for stars yesterday, so everyone's stars dropped since then.

Reputation is not linked to post count. It is based on the number of Thanks (button) and Reputation (
reputation.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
) one has received.

angloasturian

Mu-43 Veteran
Fine, Amin - but you still haven't answered my second question. How can I see the rest of the sentence that appears when I put the cursor over the green rectangles (you say you've reenabled the reputation feature). I'm curious about my aura. :confused:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Fine, Amin - but you still haven't answered my second question. How can I see the rest of the sentence that appears when I put the cursor over the green rectangles (you say you've reenabled the reputation feature). I'm curious about my aura. :confused:

Colin, that is the whole sentence. It's a silly system, and the sentences used for reputation were left unchanged from the defaults of the software.

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I want +REP!
Also, I want to be able to get 5p off a litre of petrol at a pump of my choosing.
That's what they're for, right?

I'm only replying so I can see all the awesome REP points I've accumulated ... but if only Brian's been giving them out ...

Latest threads

Top Bottom