Changes in the Mu-43.com Admin / Mod Team

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks everyone. It's been a good journey. I've made many friends here and rest assured that I will still be around from time to time.

Thanks to everyone for putting their energy into this forum and more importantly, into each other and making this place what it is......
Take care all youse fine peoples.....
xoxo.... shooter

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
noooooooo shooter. You been here since day dot nearly.

I think if we get Amin to modify his username slightly and add Shooter in their somewhere it will feel like we have you half here anyway.

But then again, 'Amin Shooter' doesn't really sound right does it.

Ashooter. haha. That doesn't really work either.

RonSmith

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Don and BB will both surely be missed in the administrative roles, and we are all grateful to them for all they've each done in furtherance of this wonderful forum.

Don't be strangers.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
You'll be missed, Don. Your approach to being an Admin was, how can I put it? Unique? You took it seriously, but did not take disagreements personally. Fair yet friendly.

And we thank you for your time spent moderating that could have been spent shooting and with family and friends. The time you have spent here with us has not only made this a better site but I firmly believe has made us better people as well.

DHart

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
Wow... Such changes. And great thanks to Don and BB for their efforts.... It is truly a labor of love to give so much in this way.

I joined this forum just a couple of months after Amin started it and I remember well how new and small it was then... At the time GetDPI was the hot spot for m4/3. How much has changed in a little over a year. WOW. Now, m4/3 on GetDPI feels like a ghost town and this forum is literally bursting with vibrant life and energy. FANTASTIC. And no doubt credit goes to Amin, Brian, Don, BB for bringing this all about.

I have no doubt that this forum will continue to thrive because m4/3 as a platform is so potent and has such potential yet, and because our community is so vibrant and strong... at this point, enertia plays a big role...but the guiding hands are still very important. No doubt Amin and Alan will guide and nurture continued growth and success for this truly great site. The members we have at present are fantastic and its growing every day... I feel honored to be a part of this great site. Thanks to you all!

Hikari

Mu-43 All-Pro
So whatcha get?

Well, following the form of m4/3, I got a Pentax 645D. I decided to get out of the film business and so sold all my film cameras and darkroom stuff--most of my cameras were medium- or large format and so I was able to scrap together the funds (thank god I inherited my grandmother's gene for not ever throwing things out).

Are you looking for a medium format or 4x5 color enlarger?

JohnMetsn

Mu-43 Veteran
Just add NEX systems to this site and welcome Streetshooter back :smile: There are more and more great street shooters here, but I always felt like Don is our sensei. How the "The Real Street Thread" will live without him? Actually everytime he added new pictures there, I took my camera and went outside to improve my photographic sight...

:crying:

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just add NEX systems to this site and welcome Streetshooter back :smile: There are more and more great street shooters here, but I always felt like Don is our sensei. How the "The Real Street Thread" will live without him? Actually everytime he added new pictures there, I took my camera and went outside to improve my photographic sight...

:crying:

What can I say.......we will miss the interesting back and forth between those who have left and those who are still hear and hope that those that come along are as good as those that left. If you can figure that conundrum out please let me know what I said:rofl:

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks to all the mods and admins for all their hard work..much appreciated. Come back soon. :)

syilim

Mu-43 Regular
I'm still pretty new here, so don't really know any of the mentioned names beyond the level of a few forum exchanges. But want to take this chance to thank all the old and current mods and admins for all their efforts in creating this place. It really is such a friendly environment with a wealth of knowledge. So glad I found this website! Much appreciated!

linkedit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Having created and ran forums in the past I have to give a lot of credit to anyone that would want to moderate any forum. Especially a site like this with over 90K posts already.

Fortunately though the members here are friendly and respectful which makes the mod's job *a lot* easier.

Latest threads

Top Bottom