Change.org - add live composite to G9

MarcioK

Mu-43 Rookie
Live Composite / Live Bulb is such a incredible feature of Olympus cameras that no one else replicated (and it is not complicated to implement), that my only guess is that Olympus have a VERY strong patent on the process.

WT21

Super Moderator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Live Composite / Live Bulb is such a incredible feature of Olympus cameras that no one else replicated (and it is not complicated to implement), that my only guess is that Olympus have a VERY strong patent on the process.
Panasonic G95 has it, which is why people started the petition to add to the G9. G9 has a better processor, so they are figuring if you can do it in the lesser camera...

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I'm thinking the will reserve this for a feature on the new GX10, and whatever will replace the G9. I am astounded they did the firmware upgrade that they did on the G9, I don't expect they'll do another.

I have wondered out loud why they did such an extensive change to focus ability in that firmware for free, and then it dawned on me. Panasonic has taken it on the chin for their action/BIF focusing. I think they felt they needed to prove they can do it prior to releasing a new camera. That's a pretty basic function, while live composite is more of a desired feature.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
I'm thinking the will reserve this for a feature on the new GX10, and whatever will replace the G9. I am astounded they did the firmware upgrade that they did on the G9, I don't expect they'll do another.

I have wondered out loud why they did such an extensive change to focus ability in that firmware for free, and then it dawned on me. Panasonic has taken it on the chin for their action/BIF focusing. I think they felt they needed to prove they can do it prior to releasing a new camera. That's a pretty basic function, while live composite is more of a desired feature.
They still can't do it though. The AF is easily distracted by the background. Phase detect is a much better solution for actions/BIF shooters.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I can tell you the upgrade does one heck of a job with near/far settings. I could never have gotten this night hearing catching a daytime nap without the up grade. And I for BIF's with near I get about 50% keepers now with fast flyers.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Madicus

New to Mu-43
The G9 is great hardware. I just don't think the suits upstairs would want to put new features in old cameras.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom