change focus direction

Gerald

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

I currently have a G7 and would like to change the focus direction on the native lumix lenses I have. Is this possible in the body? Or other lumix bodies?

Thanks in advance.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
I have a G6, actually I have 2! :)
I am almost certain it is possible. I will check for you.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
No, I can’t find the instructions.
Had a look through the menu, no joy there either. I must of imagined it. I was sure I kept changing the direction when I was using it with a 45 macro... I remember it clearly because it was annoying he’ll outta me!
Mabe it was my M5ii Olympus? I must be loosing it...

Gerald

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the efforts. Maybe it is possible with Olympus bodies but not with Lumix..?
Cannot find anything myself.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Is this possible in the [G7]? Or other Lumix bodies?
As of the publication of the G9, G90/95, and GX9 manuals, changing focus direction isn't something Panasonic supports. Potentially it was added in a later firmware for the most recent bodies, but that seems unlikely. I find this odd as it's a trivial feature to implement, Panasonic does support changing the direction of exposure dials, and competitors like Fuji allow changing focus direction on all of their bodies.

Gerald

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the replies. It would be a nice feature for Panasonic to implement in the future. I hope they will.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom