Central Parc New York in IR With G1

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Beautiful image.
    Thanks for posting. Would you mind explaining some of your PP and capture ideas?
    Don

2. I used to shoot IR film. Then print them in a darkroom. The films were usually grainer. But the contrast levels could be adjusted under the enlarger in the darkroom.

I search that look when I shoot digital IR minus the grain.

Therefor I adjust the contrast, sometimes slightly use the clarity in RAW editing.

Otherwise basically, you need the tripod, shutter release extention, the IR filter, and keep your G1 in B&W mode. I shoot on manual mode. Long exposures. Therefor any slight movement is recorded as blurr.

To acheive good IR, you still need like the old film era, coulds in the sky and super sun...

I did a 3D IR project for Panasonic (japan). Yup with my G1. It was hard but fun.

I hope this info helped you. Thank you for commenting and encouraging me to post at the Forum.

You are a very good photographer yourself.

Cheers,

Hera Bell

Professional Montreal photographer Hera Bell's Industrial Wedding Commercial Editorial Portrait Glamour Food Catalogue Decor Product Travel Photography. Digital Montreal Photo Studio. Photographe a Montreal pour photos de mariage, bb, maternit, fa

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks Hera,
    Please keep posting so the members can enjoy your vision.