1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Central Maryland Meet-up

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by slothead, May 31, 2013.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    While there are a number of camera clubs in the local area and we all have events that get us together, the majority are probably not Mu43-centered events (why that would make a difference, I am not sure, but I'm sure it does - if only to have similar equipment to see and assess).

Anyway, I am always ready (albeit not always available) to join a meet-up in Central MD. I am in Frederick, but there are Mu43 folks in Columbia that I know of, and I'm sure other central MD locations as well.

2. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Gary
    I'm surprised that no one responded. I've been tied up with a project go live at work and didn't have a chance to respond. If we get a group together, I'm in.

I'm located a few miles north of White Marsh (along I95) but don't mind traveling.

Gary

3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Good to hear from you Gary. I may advertise this Meet-up a little more in my local circles and will keep the info flowing here too.

4. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Gary
    Sounds good. I've seen some people on the site near the Columbia area... maybe they'll join in. That could be a good area to meet. I work at the hospital there and it's less than an hour drive.

Also, Frederick's not a bad drive, about the same as Columbia. I drove near Frederick a couple of weekends ago on the way to Leesburg.

I know a few people shooting MFT. I 'll see if they have any interest.

Gary

5. chrisnm203

chrisnm203 New to Mu-43

May 28, 2013
    York, PA
    Chris Malmberg
    I live in York, PA and wouldn't mind taking a drive. It's about an hour north of Baltimore. Keep this thread updated and I'll try to make it out as well, if that's cool.

Thanks,

Chris

6. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Yes Gary, I think that Lew and Dan may be interested, although I don't know why they haven't chimed in. There are also probably others in the Frederick clubs and the CMFG that might have an interest so I will be mentioning it in their forums.

7. marclw

marclw New to Mu-43

Mar 14, 2013
    Frederick, MD USA
    Well, I'll be darned! I've been lurking here since I got my em-5's a couple months ago. I too live in Frederick. Great town!! I've learned to love my little buddies. I even sold off my 5dmk2. I still hang onto my 1dmk3 for fast movement gigs. But, I haven't shot with it since I got the olys! It'd be fun to meet up!

8. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    I'd be interested, just haven't been here.
    Since I've been assured that slothead pays all expenses wherever he goes, I'm really willing to be involved.

9. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Ok, so what is the story here? I am on single Dad duty this weekend while the wife is off with the girls for the weekend, so no go this weekend. Next weekend is good with a little advance notice. Isn't there a water garden in the Frederick area? I am going to the Hon Festival Saturday with the kids, weather permitting. Some serious street photo ops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    I will probably be there also.

11. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Lew, if you see a Korean guy running around with two young half asian children, boy and girl...that's me...stop and say hi

12. swampduck

swampduck Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 29, 2013
    Taneytown , MD
    Dan
    Lew, good meeting you today. We will have to get together and go on a real shoot soon.

13. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Good to see you guys found each other Lew and Dan. And yes Dan, there is a water park type place in Frederick - maybe more than one, but the one I am aware of is called Lily Pons. Lily Pons is southeast of Frederick city (or maybe due south). It is more well known because of its koi as far as I know. When I have been there I have seen a lot of geese, turtles, of course the koi and also a GBH rookery a couple months ago. I haven't been there in over a month so I don't know if the herons are still there or have moved on.