Centering focus point Olympus OM-D E-M1 II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by winet, Oct 7, 2017.

1. winet

winet New to Mu-43

Aug 4, 2017
    Gilbert,Az
    I have looked everywhere but cannot find out how to return the single focus point back to the center with the push of a button after moving it from the center. Thanks

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Easy. Hold down the OK button for a second.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. winet

winet New to Mu-43

Aug 4, 2017
    Gilbert,Az
    Thanks so much. Do you know if this info is in the manual ?

4. Do you have to set something first for this to work. It's not working on mine.

5. winet

winet New to Mu-43

Aug 4, 2017
    Gilbert,Az
    Good question . Worked for me

6. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Try this. Menu--- Gear icon (Detailed ops.)---A2---set home (second option). Check all options---- push menu 3 times.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hendrik

Hendrik Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Wayland MA
    In Gear, A1, 6th line, you can select which focus patterns you wish to choose from. This can streamline things in some cases.

In Gear, A2, 3rd line, you can swap the AF focus point functions of the command dial and direction buttons.

In Gear, A2, 2nd line, you can specify the position and focus pattern that is your Home position. For most of us, that is at center - where you want to go.

In order to return the focus point to center, you need to set some button (Gear B, Button Function) to [5-point target]HP (between AF Area Select and MF in the list of mappable functions).

One further little behavior that you might find useful is this. Once you have moved and/or changed the focus target from the home position, the camera will remember that new state until the camera is turned off or turns itself off. By pressing your HP button, the target will change back and go home, after which, pressing the HP button again restores the target to its previous moved/changed position.

8. Nope, it's still not working on mine.

9. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    You have to press any of the arrow keys first, so you are moving the focus point. Then hold down OK for a second.

10. That works for me, but very awkward to do in use.

11. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Center focus is default,so you have to move it off center to make it go to the center,since it is already there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. wslam

wslam New to Mu-43

Oct 11, 2017
    All you need to do is to define the Home Point (HP on camera menu) and then assign one of the Buttons as HP.