Showcase Celestron C5 1250mm f/10

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What about pictures of the moon? I am very interested to see how it comes out.

What about pictures of the moon? I am very interested to see how it comes out.
LOL. The funny thing about this, is when researching my options for long mirror lenses, the only pics I could find were of the moon. It frustrated me to no end, so I've been avoiding it. I figure that the first thing someone does with a telescope is point it at the moon, not many people watch spiders crawling across a lake. Having said that, I'll take a shot for you once the weather clears later this week. In all reality it's probably a much more sensible thing to do with it than the stuff I've been toying with :)

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow, if you manage to get a moonrise, with a tree in front of it, that would be magical. (not a personal request!).

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
Here you go. With and without the focal reducer. No crop.

View attachment 627583

View attachment 627584
I'm sorry, maybe my last post was a little to brief to explain what I meant, those 2 pictures of the moon gave me a very clear picture of what you can achieve with a telescope with a subject I have tried before. (With the P100-300 lens.)
My GAS for a telescope is building fast! There is so much out there to take pictures of!
And then you show other uses for it as well!
Great pictures and inspiration!

I'm sorry, maybe my last post was a little to brief to explain what I meant, those 2 pictures of the moon gave me a very clear picture of what you can achieve with a telescope with a subject I have tried before. (With the P100-300 lens.)
My GAS for a telescope is building fast! There is so much out there to take pictures of!
And then you show other uses for it as well!
Great pictures and inspiration!
Thanks for the kind words. My motivation was that the scope was an order of magnitude cheaper than a comparable focal length lens. The little c90 is more afforable yet

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
This is cool.
A pic of the telescope attached to camera would be even cooler!
:)

Top Bottom