1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Celebration of our PAD project.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Brian Mosley, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

well - what a fantastic week we've had since we started the Photo A Day project...

For my fellow PAD adventurers, how about we post our favourite image so far, and what we've got from the PAD?

Here's my favourite since we started :

E-P2 + ZD 11-22mm f2.8-3.5
    1/125s f/6.3 at 22.0mm iso200

I've been completely bowled over by the encouragement and motivation I've felt to produce each new PAD photo - due to the fantastic feedback and comments I've had along the way from my fellow PAD adventurers!

I'm now feeling more alive, more alert and more confident about my photography after only 11 days... I can't imagine how much progress we'll make over the next few weeks - and with all the inspiration I've had looking at the other PADs, I haven't once been short of an idea for my next image!

I know that we're getting new people, at all levels joining us every day... I can feel that we've started something very special and I hope that you'll dive in if you've been thinking about it. :2thumbs:

Any questions about the PAD and how to get going - please feel free to ask here :smile:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 7
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Very nice Brian,
    Thanks for the inspiration and gentle but guiding leadership.
    Don

3. flyby

flyby Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Favorite PAD Pic

This is my favorite so far. I am really enjoying this project. It's difficult, challenging, and motivating. I find myself constantly..well almost constantly thinking about what would make a good pic as I drive around, walk around and look around my surroundings. The group itself is fantastic..the talent, the willingness to share thoughts and insights..all add up to making each of us better photographers. The diversity is great from beginner to pro..the bar has been raised..and the challenge continues.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks Don,

I'm just thankful for anything that will give me the confidence to join your Weekly Image Quest :wink:

I hope that you'll be giving me some hints and tips through your own PAD :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

5. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks Brian for this wonderful shot. It has a great atmosphere.
    It's the weather that is withholding me to contribute / take part into PAD.
    Body and lens do love dry weather, unfortunately not rain, snow.

Have a nice day.
    Kind regards, Herman

6. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Brian,

Thanks for supporting this... I don't think I would of gotten into this on my own...

My favorite.. Although its slightly OOF I love the feel of it..

4370005958_06f3323efd.

• Like Like x 4
  7. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I keep forgetting that the Blogs are a separate world... Thank you, Brian, for the opportunity to bridge the gap!

Here is my current favorite - a re-do (different lens, better focus) of one of my PaDs:

4382303630_70220c35b3_o.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Considering it's only day 2 for me, I don't have too much choice of "favorites" - but here is today's. I did have a choice as to whether I joined up or not and am glad I did.:biggrin:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4387352171/" title="P2250518 by Otra2004, on Flickr"> 4387352171_8d040efc0d_b. "768" height="1024" alt="P2250518" /></a>

• Like Like x 2
  9. melv

melv Mu-43 Regular

Jan 3, 2010
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Brian, where was the church yard photo taken? Hope? Very atmospheric, making good use of the fog we have had around here over the past couple of days.

I'm getting a bit frustrated, not having a m4/3 camera and therefore not being able to post any pictures. I'm waiting to see what Panasonic has to offer in the next couple of weeks before taking the plunge.

Melv

10. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    It's hard to pick an image of the week. It's hard enough picking from several images to decide which one is the picture of the day. But I'll go with my image from today, because I like to think that maybe I'm getting better at this with each passing day.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Steve, it's great that you feel that you're improving by the day - that's how I feel too!

Melv, it was the church at Bolsterstone.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Right now I'm finding it tough going. Maybe it's a momentum thing and I just need to get a head of steam up and rolling. I feel that everything I've produced has been rushed and, frankly, not much cop. BUT, therein most likely lies the learning.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Paul,

the foundation habit is to be shooting and posting something every day... if you're doing that, improvement is inevitable.

You have the opportunity to observe yourself going through the process of shooting your PAD - because you're doing it every day... you can reflect and improve.

What do you think you could do, to improve your chances of success tomorrow?

Cheers

Brian

14. BBW

Paul, I think this is normal and part of the process. Let's face it you had a rough day today, too.

We all have different lives outside of these cyber walls, and sometimes it may be close to miraculous to get off a shot let alone one we actually like. I know I feel that way...but I find that by making the commitment to this and to the Quest, as well, that I am forcing myself to get back into taking photographs and looking so much more than I have for a long time.

I still screw up, leave home without the camera see something and curse myself..:rolleyes: and I still try for photos I don't get but it's all got to lead somewhere. You know what they say about stagnation.:biggrin:

P.S. And I want to add that sometimes I have found, of late, that when I dislike a shot and others honestly find good things in it or even like it that it changes my perception. I think this is a "newbie" thing...when you don't always have the confidence in your sight, let alone your technical skills. I find the input very helpful and appreciate constructive input, even if I might not always agree with it.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bullfrog

Brian,
    I know, I know...I was just having a bit of a silly whine after a long day on planes, in airports and in meetings where people seemed to devolve into s**t flinging baboons. There's bugger all difficult about a 365 if I look even one inch off the plane my own comfortable life. I shall stop whinging forthwith.

BB,
    I'm editing after seeing your post. Thank you for your kind words.

16. BBW

I love that term "whinging"!:rofl:

17. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Good man! :biggrin:

Tomorrow is another day - we get to start afresh :yahoo:

Cheers

Brian

18. Bullfrog

It's the only response I would expect from a man whose avatar seems to show him calmly shooting in the middle of a motocross crash / blizzard / industrial accident!:2thumbs:

19. Bullfrog

If OzRay reads this I'll bet he adds "pom" onto that :smile:

20. BBW

Amen, brother Paul!:biggrin: Ain't it the truth.