Cat and Squirrel Games!

Discussion in 'Nature' started by snkenai, Dec 8, 2010.

1. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Been visiting our daughter in Texas and the local cats and squirrels are great entertainment. This morning I watched as a cat chased one squirrel until it joined two more, then returned to face the cat on the ground. The cat ran! Later as I sat by the window doing some computer work, I saw this squirrel coming down the tree across the street. The neighbor cat began it's approach, looking for lunch, I thought. Squirrel did not retreat, but stayed to tease the cat! The following pictures were taken with the E-p1 and Vivitar 70-210 f3.5 at f8. It is approx. 70 yards through window glass hand held and propped against the glass. Not the best job, but the story is something I have never seen. I think city squirrels don't think like country ones. Eventually the squirrel "strolled" on up and left cat sitting in fork of tree. Game over.

• Like Like x 6
  2. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Excellent sequence of pictures - I love this kind of stuff.

3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    sparkin
    We've been here a few weeks and the squirrels have been enjoyed much. Never got this kind of pics before. Heading back to KY, in a few days. Going to try for deer next. This camera-lens combo, will give me a chance at them. Need to get another good tripod. Had to leave my good one in AK. Thanks for the interest.

4. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Nice sequence Steve, thanks for posting those. I think those squirrels have got the measure of the cats when it comes to agility up a tree, and they obviously know it, hence their confident teasing.

Barrie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.