Cash Value of Olympus Bonus Points

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mft, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mft

mft New to Mu-43

Jul 28, 2015
    EDIT (7-30): By "cash value" I mean: How much will they reduce the price on subsequent purchases direct from Olympus?

Anyone know what the cash value of the bonus points you receive when you purchase direct from Olympus?

An email to Olympus returned the answer: "the value of the points is not published so when you put an order in, if you have a rewards points coupon available it will show up at the time of check out."

Please advise, thanks.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    From the Terms of Use - "Rewards have no cash value and cannot be converted to or redeemed for cash, either directly or indirectly." From the FAQ about Reward Points - "You may only choose 1 available rewards gift card denomination per purchase. As you accumulate more points, additional gift cards of higher values will become available up to 10,000 points." Someplace else Olympus stated you have to a minimum of a $50 Rewards Gift Card to redeem points. So they fully control of much much of an equivalent value each point is worth towards their products bought through them.

3. billbooz

billbooz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Lynchburg, VA USA
    William H. Booz
    I just ordered the new Olympus Air A01 camera directly from Olympus in hopes they would have the best inventory and noticed that the only points they have listed for me are 50 for my birthday and 50 for joining the program. I have ordered two lenses from them before but have no points for them! The Air netted me 300 "new" points. Guess the 100 I had weren't enough to apply to Air purchase.

4. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    No idea but when I purchased my E-M5 Mk.II at the official Olympus company store, they allowed me to redeem the points immediately from the body purchase and received a free battery.

As for "cash value", there is no literal cash value.