1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cases for new E-M5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mattlee, Apr 15, 2012.

1. mattlee

mattlee Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 15, 2012
    Leander,Texas
    Got my new E-M5 Friday and love it over my older GF-1. Has anyone seen a decent half case for the E-M5? Also any suggestion for a screen protector for the LCD? Has a hard glass one for the GF-1 but with the touch screen no idea if they make something similar for the E-M5.

Thanks

2. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes.. I still have that saran wrap protector on that is peeling off fast..LOL I would like to have a screen protector, but something very thin.. otherwise I will pass... I think I will try a glass protector made by 3M.. very, very thin and easily removable.. I have it on my car windows.. I will just get the untinted version and have the glass shop slap it on.. it will probably be the smallest job they ever have done.. :smile:
    Doug

3. olydebut

olydebut Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
    Still waiting for my OM-D but been doing some research what screen protector to use.
    Found some in Amazon last week .

1st is a japanese product : " Micro Solution Digital Camera Anti-Reflection Anti-Fingerprint HD Display Protection Film (Pro Guard ARSH) for Olympus OM-D E-M5 // DCDPF-PGOLYMOMDEM-A " by micro solution of japan

2nd is under a brand " Vikuiti "

I might get the 1st one once I get my hands on my OLY

4. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
    Just go to your local Cell Phone store and buy the 3 pack of the biggest screen protector they have and cut to size or you might get lucky and find a real good match. I have done this to all my bodies and they work great. The nice part is that the Phone SP are for touch screens so you will be good to go

5. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    Ah- I should have looked through the posts before posting my gariz half case post:

etc : XS-CHEM5BK »óÇ° »ó¼¼º¸±â

I don't know when that will be available "for the masses" on the e-bay, but I've always liked Gariz products.

Like others said- just use the generic screen protectors, that should do just fine ans ave you some mark up on the price :wink:

6. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Anyone know why the Gariz case doesn't go all the way up the body? I know Gariz, and I know they do good work, but the case just sortof looks like it was made for a smaller camera (even though I'm sure it's not). Weird.

7. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Maybe because of the tilting screen??..
    Im sure there were other cases that will come out once the e-m5s are in the hands of masses.

8. dino8031

dino8031 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2012
    Boulder, Colorado
    It's a sweet looking case. Looks great with the black.
    May I ask how much it cost?

9. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    According to the site (and google translate) it's 95,000 Won, which is (also according to google) $83.48 USD. The only time I've ever bought their products though are through E-Bay sellers, the past cases have been $90-110 USD depending on model etc.

I myself would *really* like a aki asahi case :smile:

10. jgregs

jgregs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    If anybody cares (lol), the Gariz cases are on the official Olympus Korea online store

11. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Ummm, if you guys haven't realized, the EP3 screen protector fits perfectly.