Case Logic 303 + GX1 Review!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by yehuda, Mar 17, 2013.

1. yehuda

yehuda Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    Hi.

Thought of sharing this:

Like many others I have searched high and low for the perfect camera bag.
    Sadly, it does not exist :smile:

However - The other week I found a great small bag for my GX1.

It's called Case Logic 303K and it is the perfect size for carrying the GX1 + 25 F1.4 PanaLeica lens attached (also works with the Pana 14-45 'old' kit lens but is slightly tighter. But definitely fits well).

It is nicely padded, has a small internal pocket (for memory cards) and another inner slot (which is useless if you insert GX1+14-45/25F1.4, but can easily accommodate a typical smartphone if you insert a GX1+14-42 PZ lens or one of the small primes (14mmF2.5 / 20mmF1.7).

The side pockets are large enough for small items like a battery (more then one is real squeeze. better off putting one in each side otherwise the inner space is compensated).

In the attached photos I show how you can easily put an extra 14-42 PZ lens on top of the camera (careful when taking stuff out).

It is also large enough for the EM5+partial grip+14-42 PZ, but it will be a tight fit.

I added photos for the above including a size comparison of the GX1/EM5+partial grip. Not at all the same size - that viewfinder hump on the EM5 makes things more complicated...

I also showed just how small the size pockets are - you won't be able to insert the 14-42 PZ or 20mm F1.7 into those pockets.

Sadly, I am yet to find a similar bag to fit the EM5+Partial Grip+25 F1.4 etc. while being as small as possible.

The next sizes are more camcorder style bags (the CaseLogic 304 is a very tight fit and I wouldn't recommend it, the CaseLogic 305 works well but is a much larger and wider bag, though still relatively small.)

If anyone found something similar for my needs please leave me a line.

Thanks,

Yehuda

CASE_LOGIC_303 (1).JPG

CASE_LOGIC_303 (2).JPG

CASE_LOGIC_303 (3).JPG

CASE_LOGIC_303 (4).JPG

CASE_LOGIC_303 (5).JPG

CASE_LOGIC_303 (6).JPG

CASE_LOGIC_303 (7).JPG

EM5_GX1 (1)_.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.