1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Case for OMD-EM5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by daveinamblerpa, Feb 7, 2013.

1. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Honestly, if the case doesn't have a cutout in the bottom for the battery door (like the Gariz cases do) I find that they are a pain. I had one for my E-PL1, but sold it for that reason. They certainly do look nice though.

3. outbackphotogeek

outbackphotogeek New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2013
    I have the Gariz half case (purchased from ebay, which I unfortunately can't provide a link to from work). It is a thing of beauty...wonderful construction, adds just enough height to allow my pinkie purchase on the camera, and has a cutout for the battery as mentioned by ean10775. If you are after a half case, I can't see you being unhappy with the Gariz one. I have the silver OM-D, so I got the 'special edition' version with textured black leather to match.

4. Jangir

Jangir Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Jangir
    I also have special edition Gariz half case on my silver OM-D. It is perfect match and very well made case.

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I have a Gariz half case on my LX-5. My fat fingers can't extricate the SD card without using tweezers or a needle-nose. Downloading from the card became a small operation that I made preparations for. My wife said I appeared behaving like Ethan Hunt during a Mission Impossible each time I took the card out and put it in the computer.

6. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

Re half case

ean. It does have battery access. Savas extracating the SD card on the OMD shouldn't be the same problem it is on the Lx 5 because the sd card slot is on the side and is very accessable with the half case on the OMD.
    The Garitz case looks like a nice alternative and lots of people love them. The Ciesta has a metal bottom that can be attached to an Arca Swiss ball head which is nice.
    Thanks for your feedback,
    Dave