1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Case for OMD-EM5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by daveinamblerpa, Feb 7, 2013.

1. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Honestly, if the case doesn't have a cutout in the bottom for the battery door (like the Gariz cases do) I find that they are a pain. I had one for my E-PL1, but sold it for that reason. They certainly do look nice though.

3. outbackphotogeek

outbackphotogeek New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2013
    I have the Gariz half case (purchased from ebay, which I unfortunately can't provide a link to from work). It is a thing of beauty...wonderful construction, adds just enough height to allow my pinkie purchase on the camera, and has a cutout for the battery as mentioned by ean10775. If you are after a half case, I can't see you being unhappy with the Gariz one. I have the silver OM-D, so I got the 'special edition' version with textured black leather to match.

4. Jangir

Jangir Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Jangir
    I also have special edition Gariz half case on my silver OM-D. It is perfect match and very well made case.

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I have a Gariz half case on my LX-5. My fat fingers can't extricate the SD card without using tweezers or a needle-nose. Downloading from the card became a small operation that I made preparations for. My wife said I appeared behaving like Ethan Hunt during a Mission Impossible each time I took the card out and put it in the computer.

6. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

Re half case

ean. It does have battery access. Savas extracating the SD card on the OMD shouldn't be the same problem it is on the Lx 5 because the sd card slot is on the side and is very accessable with the half case on the OMD.
    The Garitz case looks like a nice alternative and lots of people love them. The Ciesta has a metal bottom that can be attached to an Arca Swiss ball head which is nice.
    Thanks for your feedback,
    Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.