1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Case for Hauling

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dcassat, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    Cloverdale,CA
    IM210020001 Pelican Storm iM2100 Case, Watertight, Padlockable Case, with Multilayer Cubed Foam Interior, Yellow

I don't know if there are others of you that have the issues that I had in finding the right way to transport my camera. But...

I keep my camera with me a all times, in my car trunk. If I see something that I need to shoot I want to be able to quickly get to my gear and not have to dig though a bag to figure out which lens to use. I chose to go this way. When I go out on foot I carry a small bag with me that has only the needed items for the journey. But the rest of the time I use this case (click on the link above). It's waterproof and has a lifetime warranty. It cost me about $70 and it's very much worth it. The lenses are nicely separated in their own foam slots that I customized for them. The ergonomics for this situation are really the best I've found so far. Open the case, grab the camera and find needed lenses almost without looking. The whole rig weighs less than 10 lbs.

In this size of case I am able to keep 5 lenses, my camera, complete with hoods, cleaning tools and remote shutter release.

Dan