Case for GX-1 + LVF2 + 20

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jerrykur, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jerrykur

jerrykur Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Northern CA

I am looking for a couple of cases.

First, I am looking for a smallish case that will hold my new GX-1 with the LVF-2 mounted and a 20 1.7 lens. I would like this to fit inside a regular briefcase.

Second I need a case that can carry the above + a 14-42 zoom.

Any thoughts?

2. Peterk81

Peterk81 New to Mu-43

May 30, 2012
    I have the factory case from panasonic (DMW-CGK14). A couple of features I like is that there is a cushioned backflap as that protects the screen. The only nit about the back flap is that it cannot be completely removed but can shifted out of the way. Another nice feature is that you can leave the screw driver at home because the case can be attached without a screw so you have quick access to the battery and SD card.

This case also includes a neck strap. Granted it isn't a Gordy's strap, it does look better quality than the strap included with the camera.

The half case/strap isn't made of the finest materials but overall I am quite happy with the case. It provides good protection of the lower half of the camera/screen and doesn't add a ton of heft.

The total cost was ~54 shipped with free shipping for JR dot com.

3. iluvgf5

iluvgf5 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    another alternative would be to get the 14-42 pancake zoom, panasonic's X series lens, the footprint is just almost the same as a 20mm so your one case will fit both + some weight saving.
  4. Brodie337

Brodie337 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2012
    I'd be tempted to trade my X for the full size zoom. The X isn't the greatest IQ lens, but damn, it's small for a zoom. I just found that in hindsight, I don't really need the smaller size that made me go for it in the first place.
  5. jerrykur

jerrykur Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Northern CA
    PeterK thanks for the recommendation. I will look into the Pana case. My only concern is leaving the lens unprotected.