1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Case - DMW-CGK13-K

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Iansky, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I have recently ordered the GX1+14-42X kit and also have the 45-175X lens as well as the LVF2 viwfinder.

I ordered this to replace my current GF1 kit and gain the benefit of a long awaited upgrade to the superb GF1 that I always carry in it's Panasonic ever ready case and use in the half case when shooting.

It seems like a search for the Holy Grail for my retailer to order the DMW-CGK13-K case in black that is designed specifically for the GX1 combo.

It is readily available in Europe but as of yet not in the UK as they claim they have not sorted out pricing - Come on!!!

I am amazed that Panasonic produce this superb looking black leather case yet do not offer it in one of it's largest markets (apparently the UK orders more micro 4/3rds than any country outside of Japan).

I just hope they pull their finger out soon and offer this case for.

Has anyone else had a problem tracking this down???

The link for this case and other accessories for the GX1 is below:

DMC-GX1 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

2. arnold1896

arnold1896 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2012
    Oxfordshire
    DMW-CGK13-K

Hi Ian,

I can not find it anywhere in Europe, tried yahoo DE etc but no luck.

I have a German speaking friend and he had no luck?

br
    Arnold

Ps have emailed panasonic and a mate is checking with camera shop in Hong Kong

3. arnold1896

arnold1896 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2012
    Oxfordshire
    Hi ALL,

Reply received from Panasonic Support (no very helpfull), especially the comment that hope this has been of assistance. I guess if this was a several £100 pound lens it would be available:

"ISSUE RESOLUTION:,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the DMC-GX1.

In response to your email I am very sorry to say that the DMW-CGK13-K will not be directly available in the UK.

You can however obtain this case online from other suppliers.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending an email using this form: Support - Contact us - e-mail - Panasonic UK & Ireland please include your ticket reference in the message.

Kind Regards,

Online Support Team
    Customer Communications Centre
    Panasonic UK"

I have asked for a list of suppliers.

Br
    Arnold

4. arnold1896

arnold1896 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 30, 2012
    Oxfordshire
    Hi All,

Panasonic have suggested amazon.co.uk or eBay.

I am amazed at this reply, so professional?

Can any one suggest a source or alternative.

Cheers,
    Arnold

5. MissNov

MissNov New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Sydney
    Hello - I have been searching for my GX1 too :)

Kaza Deluxe will have a camera case for GX1 soon.

http://www.kaza-deluxe.com/category.php?id=13

According to its website, the case will be available in January but if you have a look at its Facebook page, you'll find a couple of people has made enquiries and Kaza advised that it's postponed to mid Feb now. I don't know how good Kaza is but looking at their Facebook wall, they seem to have pretty good feedback.

Alternatively, if you are willing to pay the $$ and wait, there's Luigi camera case. I emailed Luigi's daughter recently, she said her father has bought GX1 and is currently designing a case. Advised to email her again in a few weeks time for photos and price.

http://www.leicatime.com/

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    In frustration at not getting any response from Panasonic UK Customer Service despite numerous Emails & requests via the official website, I sent an Email directly to the European CEO and lo & behold received a response withing 24hrs from the "Executive Communications" team!

They are going to discuss availability of this case with the UK Sales Manager - (don't hold your breath).

The person who responded has told me they have a "Sample" that they are going to sell me at a reduced price - full price would be £100 (not sure how they equate that if the item is not availible in UK or it appears EU) - still, as my retailer is paying for it as part of the purchase deal I am not complaining.

I just live in hope that the case does not take as long or require as much elevation to CEO level before I receive it.

It saddens me that Panasonic EU respond quickly yet Panasonic UK cannot be bothered and both work out of the same office in the UK!!!!!!