Case-carry E-P5 with VF-4 attached

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ricoh, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Any ideas how to case-carry an E-P5 complete with VF-4 attached? Don't want to disconnect unnecessarily when I'm on the move, for instance if it starts to spit some rain. Would like to put it a bag or case suitable for the duo.
    Any ideas?

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Have you tried a Tesco bag? If you prefer something more upmarket, go Waitrose!

3. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Haha, Harrods maybe!

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Nah, Harrods is only for Leicas!

5. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    OK, Tesco it it, every little helps!

6. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    I use a Domke 5XB for my EPL2 with the VF3 mounted . . . works great plus room for another lens. Great bag.

7. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    If trying to stay "light and unencumbered" I'll have a GX1 with LVF2 attached. Lens will usually be the Lumix 14-45 "kit" zoom or the Oly 9-18mm. One of the fairly small Case Logic bags (with one inside compartment and zippered end pockets) allows me to slip the camera in resting on it's left side. Nothing binds and I can grab and get it out just as quickly.

The Lumix GX1 will be just a bit smaller than the E-P5 but that same case worked when I had an E-P3 with VF2 attached.

Case Logic has a line of quite inexpensive but fairly sturdy built bag, slings, and backpacks.

This looks pretty close to what I have for the GX1:

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-Ca...265889&sr=8-23&keywords=case+logic+camera+bag

I have other bags for carrying around the GH3 and OMD E-M5 included small LowePros, DOMKE, and a nice Case Logic for a body or two and some lenses.

8. AggieFAN86

AggieFAN86 New to Mu-43

Feb 24, 2014
    If you only use prime lenses, you can look at the Lowepro ILC Classic 50. I own one, but primarily using it, for my nimble Fuji X100.
    Sizing the case up, for my pudgy EPL1 (with VF2), it does handle the viewfinder hump fine. The 17mm/45mm 1.8 primes are phys. length limit

9. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Thanks guys, I shall take a look at these .
    Cheers, Steve

10. Strick

Strick Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Rob
    I have an Ona Bowery bag. It's a little pricey but it works for my EP3 with viewfinder and lens with room for two lenses.