Carrying camera (EM1 MK2) on backpack whilst hiking - Peak Capture PRO or otton CCS EV-1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by BradS, Jul 16, 2017.

1. BradS

BradS Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2017
    Newcastle NSW
    Hi,
    Looking at getting a system to connect my camera (EM1 MK2) to my backpack whilst hiking. Tired of carrying it which also results in the loss on one hand when walking, especially when you need both hands in tricky spots and or want to you both hiking poles.

It seems I currently have 2 solutions:

1. Peak Design Capture PRO Camera Clip + PROlate
    2. Cotton CCS EV-1 StrapShot Holster

Any recommendations or other solutions, plus any issues with using with an EM1 MK2?

Regards,

Brad

2. Dennis Griffin

Dennis Griffin New to Mu-43

Jul 16, 2017
    I own many PD products, including the Capture PRO and PRO Plate. I think that you'd find the Capture to be far more versatile. It is part of a rather unique system, but even if you only have the Capture, if offers many more mounting options. Once properly mounted on whatever, it should hold your E-M1 with much more stability than the EV-1 would when dangling from a D ring, even if your were able to find a way to attach to both D rings of the EV-1 and get a bit of tension across them. The PRO Plate can be used with ARCA-Swiss clamps, and works nicely with all of PD's various strap options & quick connectors. I think the best spot for a camera mount when hiking is just in front of a shoulder, high on the chest. This would normally be the most protected spot in case of a fall, as opposed to dangling around the waist or off a hip.

Cheers,

Dennis
    Scottsdale, AZ

3. Mountain

Mountain Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 2, 2013
    Colorado
    I have the cotton carrier, and it's ok. Because of how stiff the piece is, I cant use it with a heavy pack as it wrecks my shoulder. I prefer the black rapid backpack strap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    The backpack strap is one of their best products.

5. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    Optech reporter straps

[​IMG]

pair with a stabilizer strap. Always ready and easy to access. Easy to customize to your own specs with the huge selection of Optech bits and pieces. And dirt cheap.

[​IMG]