1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

carry speed fs-slim

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hoyarnold, Jul 23, 2013.

1. hoyarnold

hoyarnold Mu-43 Regular

Jul 1, 2013
    alaska
    arnold
    hi guy! just want to ask if someone uses carry speed fs-slim for your om-d? what's your opinion on this? or is the gordy's sling strap better than this? thanks!:smile:

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Arnold, I have never heard of that but I find the OLy strap works for my and wraps well around the wrist when carrying & shooting, even with full grip and long lens (100-300) on the camera.

Never been a fan of these slip & slide slings and old habits die hard so like the camera in my hand at all times.

3. sigamy

sigamy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    I am using the FS-Slim on my GH2. I also have the Black Rapid Metro hooked to my wife's E-P1.

I like the FS-Slim. It is very well made and feels secure. I've been using it for kids sports with the GH2 and 45-200mm attached and no issues walking around with the camera. It's really comfortable and very useful.

Sling straps are the way to go...

If you want to have tripod access at the same time, make sure you get the folding plate. I did not and now I can't set my camera down flat on any surface as the ball joint is sticking out all the time. I've just ordered the folding plate as an extra...

If you don't need tripod access at the same time, you may want to look at the Black Rapid metro. I actually like it a bit more that the Carry Speed. The BR is very slim. But, it uses a simple hook attachment which I don't like as much as the Carry Speed's ball joint.

4. Tsuioku

Tsuioku New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2013
    Vancouver (Canada)
    Be sure to keep an eye on the underside of the shoulder pad. There have been reports of it fraying and breaking.
    Personally, I'm a fan of the Sport/Extreme models. Don't need to worry about the pad fraying and having the under-arm strap to reduce the load on the shoulder. Might not be as comfortable though.

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I'm with Iansky on this. I had a sling when carrying heavy gear and liked it. But not for Micro 4/3.