Carl Zeiss Jena 40mm f2.8 - Need help with the disassembly

zioroby6

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello everybody, I've recently got this lens for quite cheap, since I wanted to test it on my Olympus E-PL5, even though it was described as faulty. In fact it came with all the aperture blades out of place and it was unusable. So I tried to disassemble it, but I could only remove the outer screw you can see on the body and the inner one which is close to the previous (under the aperture ring). That didn't help much, but at least I could remove all the blades from one side by shaking the lens. Now I would like to clean the elements and try to put back in place all the blades, but I'm stuck and I can't go on with the disassembly. Does anyone have a hint?
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_153900.jpg
    IMG_20210317_153900.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210317_153716.jpg
    IMG_20210317_153716.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210317_151950.jpg
    IMG_20210317_151950.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 22

zharo

New to Mu-43
Not sure if you still need help. But you need to disassemble the lens from the front.

To do that screw out the name plate by using some double side adhesive tape and the whole front lens group will come out. Now you can access aperture mechanic.

The hard part is to put the aperture blade in side. I recommend that you use a small forceps to do this.

And If you not familiar with arranging aperture blade, Try arrange it out side first.

This step took me 4-5 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_211018.jpg
    IMG_20210508_211018.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 11

zioroby6

Mu-43 Rookie
Not sure if you still need help. But you need to disassemble the lens from the front.

To do that screw out the name plate by using some double side adhesive tape and the whole front lens group will come out. Now you can access aperture mechanic.

The hard part is to put the aperture blade in side. I recommend that you use a small forceps to do this.

And If you not familiar with arranging aperture blade, Try arrange it out side first.

This step took me 4-5 hours.
Thank you for the reply, even though I managed to disassemble most of the lens in the end! Unfortunately my blades are in bad shape, some are deformed/ruined, so I cleaned the glass parts and left the lens without its blades.
A couple of weeks ago I managed to buy another one with working aperture for quite cheap, but I still have to "build" the adapter for my Olympus E-PL5. I wanted another one because when I used the first one I got, even stuck wide open, it gave really nice results in terms of colors, sharpness and bokeh. This lens is a little gem! Is it the same for you? 😀

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom