Carina Nebula in HDR

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
Well, here's my first attempt at the Carina nebula, using multiple exposures ranging from 20sec to 8min, stacked in DeepSkyStacker with its HDR algorithm.
Using the m.zuiko 75-300mm @ 300mm, with E-M5 II on an EQ6 tracking mount.

Something to do during the Covid-19 lockdown.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Did you see that tv today about the radio telescopes at 5000m in South America? That blew my mind man! :)

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
Lovely picture. I have been struggling with the log exposure thing. The surface on which I plant my tripod is easily affected by passing vehicles in the distance. Anything longer than 2 sec starts to produce differences in images that are hard to stack accurately.

3dpan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alec
Lovely picture. I have been struggling with the log exposure thing. The surface on which I plant my tripod is easily affected by passing vehicles in the distance. Anything longer than 2 sec starts to produce differences in images that are hard to stack accurately.
DeepSkyStacker can cope with minor displacement of images, but not blur.
I get problems with displacement when I have to change a battery halfway through a session.
Perhaps a heavy weight attached to your tripod would help with vibrations through the ground.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
I should try a heavy weight. Hopefully the sky is clear tonight to try that.

Mark73

Mu-43 Regular
Nice image.

Yep, lockdown doesn't really clip my AP wings much, either.

HLVG will deal with those green stars nicely.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom