1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Card error on my ep3...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Aniseedvan, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    I've had this twice on startup in a week...

Basically I don't delete images on the camera, nor when the card is in the pc, they get reformatted from within the camera, and the images are copied rather than moved.

I thought the first time was because I was using an sd card from my little Nikon, so bought a new one, and that's already errored today ( card is from a legit supplier). It seems turning off the camera and turning it back on solved the problem today but didn't the first time.

Am I doing something wrong? I will start getting paranoid about using the camera if I can't trust it to not potentially trash the photos...

Both cards are sandisk extreme 3, older one a class 6, newer one a class 10...

2. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
  3. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Yep, the old one I have had for 3 years, and it never errored in my d40. Hence when it did I figured it was the age of the card and got a new one from the same place (my memory), hence why I was starting to wonder if it's the camera..

4. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I've not had your issues with my E-P3, but the camera's electronics have locked up on me at least once where the dial controls stopped working. Turning off and then on again fixed the problem. It certainly doesn't bode confidence in the system.

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    So far I've been lucky in that sense as I have not yielded a card error from either of my Pens. One thing however that my friend tells me is that with the larger sized sd cards the possibility of a card error rises. My friend shoots for his school newspaper and very often does studio work so I trust him. He tells me he usually shoots with a 4 4gb sd's and never buys above 8.

6. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    I subscribe to that theory too, 4gb sd cards only and 8gb cf cards for my bigger dslr.

I did notice the camera was on firmware 1.0, so I've updated it tonight. Let's see what happens...