Carbon Tripod Bargain

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by PannyPaul, Aug 12, 2017.

1. PannyPaul

PannyPaul New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PannyPaul

PannyPaul New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    ok so there are two promotions running, a 30% off and a 20% off but it applies both when you buy 1 unit. Result for a newbie like me

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I get the same discount too. Don't need a tripod, but the price is certainly good!

• Like Like x 1
  4. pdk42

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    If you've not already checked out, look at the negative reviews. Seems it's somewhat less well-built than it seems at first glimpse.

5. PannyPaul

PannyPaul New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    Too late but yea, the plastic not carbon comment is a worry. Easy enough return though if its not as described. I got the Aluminium one for my daughter too so ill feed back when they arrive tomorrow

6. pdk42

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Of course, "carbon" means carbon fibre in a plastic resin - so maybe it's people just misunderstanding!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PannyPaul

PannyPaul New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    Indeed, I would have thought there would be more comments about that if it was the case. At £40 quid im happy to take a punt though. Im doing well on my new journey so far. GX7 body for £250, Job lot of fast legacy glass on gumtree for £40 and now this tripod. Quite a cheap setup. Just need to get out there now and use it all lol

8. callie

callie Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2016
    Eddie
    Rubbish can be made from Carbon Fibre,the same as any other Material. It isnt a magic potion.
    If it has the word "Proffesional" and is covered in Bling then it probably is Rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. PannyPaul

PannyPaul New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    Agreed but most of the reviews dont point that way and it can be returned if its not up to the job. I cant afford to spluge on the gucci end of the market so to me ive got little to lose and a lot to gain.

10. PannyPaul

PannyPaul New to Mu-43

Aug 8, 2017
    This seems to be a balanced review

11. HRC2016

HRC2016 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2016
    Why would anyone buy a tripod whose review doesn't even list the specs?
    No thank you.

12. ralf-11

ralf-11 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2017
    get RRS or Gitzo (bad US service) - buy a used one...

13. Starfleet

Starfleet Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Alex
    i had one like this... it's an OK tripod. For people on a tight budget it is not a bad purchase, but personally I really hated the tripod head, and the leg twist things - too many rotations to lock them and unlock them. The Sirui that replaced this thing is like day and night, but hey... this thing is CHEAP. Oh, and the leg angle adjustment locks are pathetic. They are really hard to pull. You end up really wrestling that thing. I remember selling it cause my hands were really hurting every time I was operating that thing.