1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Car boot lenses, worth getting an adaptor?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by G1user, Nov 20, 2011.

1. G1user

G1user Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    Oldham UK
    Picked up a Praktica BC1 with loads of extras including...

Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 50mm 1.8 MC
    Pentacon Prakticar 28mm 2.8 MC
    and a Prakticar 80-200 4.5-5.8 MC macro and wondered if they are worth getting an adaptor for and if so is it the PB to m4/3 to use with a Lumix G1.

2. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Here it says praktica b mount with electronic aperture control:

http://www.praktica-collector.de/221A_Praktica_BC1.htm

Do the lenses seem to let you manually change aperture? That is the only issue I could see. Otherwise imagine you could at least get a cheap Chinese adapter and give it a go. I have a few east German m42 lenses that seem to be quite nice... Would not hold out great hopes for an older zoom though the primes should be ok

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. G1user

G1user Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    Oldham UK
    Yeh the aperture can be changed manually. I'm going to go and get one off the bay. might take a few weeks to get here though so could be a while before i try them.

4. G1user

G1user Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    Oldham UK
    The adaptors turned up, had to mess with one to get it to fit the 50mm but finally got it going. I'm keeping the 28mm as its a decent enough lens but the 50mm isn't quite as smooth focusing or as sharp as my hexanon 50mm f1.7 so it's going on the bay with the adapter. The 3 lenses mentioned in the first post along with a Praktica BC1 with the case and cases for the lenses cost me a massive £20 so hopefully i should more than make my money back :)

5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    The one lens and a few usable lens cases are already well worth the 20 quid, IMHO

28 is a decent FL as well, nearly "normal" angle of view on mu43. I have an Exactar 28 and a Pentacon 29, both decent East German lenses.