Capturing The Toronto Skyline

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alpha Whiskey Photography, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Shot from the Toronto Islands over the course of around 75 minutes on one evening from before sunset until after dusk. Used an ND filter at first and then the LIVE TIME feature (one of the reasons I enjoy shooting with Olympus). Just wanted to show here how the changing light over a short period of time can influence the look of the skyline. I have processed them to emphasise colour and light, since those are the most appealing facets of a skyline to me, and also to have the 'pop' consistent with my postcard style. (I never buy postcards anymore; I send out my own :))
    A bench in water in front of me provided a nice compositional tool in a few shots.
    While I prefer the cobalt blue of dusk the cloud cover didn't allow for it but there was a nice fusion of pink and blue as sunset merged into dusk.

The first and last shots were taken from the ferry to and from the island respectively.

1. 3. 4. 8. 9. 10. 11. 14. 15. 19.

MORE HERE

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Wow Wow x 1
  2. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Great Series

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thai-Mike