Capturing Light w/ Joe Edelman AND VP Sales & Mktg Aki Murata.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Yes that's right at the Capturing Light @ Hunt's Photo w/ Special Guest Joe Edelman also featured VP of Sales and Marketing Aki Murata.

Yes, this guy: Interview: Aki Murata of Olympus

The event was fun, a little more marketing than I had hoped. But part of that is probably because I knew a lot of the information being presented. I was there with a friend thinking of moving to m4/3, so while I found it an interesting presentation of information I knew, she was taking a couple pages of notes.

Joe Edelman is a bit more down to earth than I imaged. Interesting to see in person and well worth it. Really wish his presentation was longer; but timing, location, etc

We got to play with E-M1.3, E-M5.3, E-M1x, Pro Primes, AND the 12-45 f/4 Pro.
The E-M1.3 was pretty nice, there are features I could see being worth the upgrade, even from the E-M1.2. Probably not for me since I'm using my Pen F more these days. The 12-45 f/4 Pro was REALLY nice, it will be in my collection. It actually felt better to me than the 12-40 f/2.8 Pro, even on the E-M1.2.

I got to talk with Aki Murata for a bit. I couldn't get anything really interesting out of him about upcoming releases. The only things I did get when I asked specifically about the Pro telephotos on the roadmap:
  • I wasn't the first person to ask for something ending in the 225/250mm.
  • He wouldn't say more, but he did have a slight glint in his eye.
I intentionally hung around for a while, I was there until a bit after Hunts closed. It was interesting to be talking with him about features, wants, wishes, our forum (that he DOES know about), and have him take out is phone to take notes. Yes, he pulled out his phone and started taking notes. Of course it was in Japanese, so he could have been typing "annoying guy giving me advice" but...

Attachments

• 2020-02-22_10-32-26.jpg
    2020-02-22_10-32-26.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 112

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Were you able to take any images on your own cards? Especially with the 12-45pro?
Yes, but nothing interesting and because of the number of people, event type, and location I was only able to get something that showed center sharpness.

I was mainly interested in handling and feel. I also only got to play with it a little on my own camera. The demo cameras were setup for Live ND, Hand Held High Res, etc.; so trying to take quick snaps with those proved difficult. Then during the demo portion the demos were crowed. Since many there had little to no experience with the advanced features, I hung back. Also part of the reason I was there was to help a friend look over the options.

PEN-F OLYMPUS M.12-45mm F4.0 45mm f/4.0 1/25s ISO 1600

Attachments

• PENS0166.jpg
    PENS0166.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 104

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I took some time and further refined several of the thoughts I had for improvements to the Pen F and other Olympus bodies that could (possibly) be updated through FW and sent them to Aki. I also sent him direct links to several of the threads here that specifically address the E0M5.3, E-M1.3, lens road map and 12-45 f/4.

He replied this morning.

mfturner

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for being our advocate and keeping us posted with the 12-45 trial, that lens has my attention. Hope your friend finds what she wants, whether MFT or other.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom