1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Capture One?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by radamo, Aug 25, 2012.

1. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Rich
  2. Stubb

Stubb Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Andreas
    Glad you asked this question. I assumed that C1P7 would support lens correction since the data for doing so is written in the raw files. Guess that I'll be sticking with Aperture.

—Andreas

3. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    I installed a trial version of Capture One 7 yesterday and my pics made with the Panny 20/1.7 and 7-14/4 look normal, i.e. distortion is obviously corrected like in LR4.

Everytime I try C1 out I'm enchanted by the amount of detail this program extracts from raw files. OTOH, profiling the camera looks a whole lot more complicated and expensive than for LR4 and so far it didn't recognize PSD files (Photoshop). Also local adjustments seem a bit limited; I use the gradient in LR4 a lot and I haven't discovered one yet in C1. Edit: found the gradient tool. C1 also offers layers, something which LR4 can't do (yet?).

I'm going to keep it for some time on my PC and see how I like it.

4. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    I use both but might switch back to C17 for all my stuff always liked the skin tones better in C1 but the other things LR4.2 recovery and such has gotten so much better

going to do some more testing but C1 has really done a great job with this version for output !!!

redid a few samples here did not keep the befores ?
    https://www.mu-43.com/f42/thoughts-shooting-wedding-om-d-35045/index2.html#post344660

but I have to say it for sure has pulled back ahead in quality again
    where 6 was a touch nice in skin tones but overall not much better in other areas ?

the lens correction is not a total bad thing ? I can just ramp up the distortion and correct some curves if I want if they bother me the 12-35 is pretty good

and I do love the corrections but I love great skin tones way more and I love the new look the files come out with over LR4 :)