Capture One Pro 21

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Strikes me this a very "lite" release. DeHaze is nice...but should have been out year ago. Import is as slow as Christmas on my M1 Mini 16GB running Big Sur. Maybe that will be fixed with a future update to make it run native mode on Apple Silicon. Speed edit seems nice. But I have wonder if that too a lot of design resources to implement. Still no content aware eraser or fill that other apps have had for years.

What C1P21 does, it seems to do well (ignoring the slow import). I got my 21 via subscription. I would never paid list price for what seems to me to be a small set of new or improved features. Of course, this is all subjective.

apete

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Piotr
Just in case anyone is interested in C1 21, they have added ProStandard color profile for E-M1 Mark lI in the latest 21.1.0. The ProStandard color, according to the developers, means more true to life colors. This is a big positive surprise for me that the new profile is already supported for the first Olympus camera, as the feature was introduced in v21 for the first time and as of today (march 2021) it is only available for a limited type of camera bodies. For example there is no single Fuji on the list of supported pro color options. Personally I hope to see E-M1 Mark III supported as well soon. Maybe they are collecting some stats on what cameras are most popular among their users and E-M1 mark II is more popular than mark III thus it is supported earlier? Just guessing.

Forza OMD a.k.a. Olympus! ;)

Last edited:

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I already pushed Alex at Phase One to do E-M1 III soon. I told him it should be easy after doing II. :whistling:

Tilman Paulin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There is a monitored thread in their 'feature request' forum - where they ask users which cameras they'd like to see the new color profiles to be added for.
The E-M1 mk2 was requested quite a bit - guess it can't hurt to chime in there :)

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
Now it is for me official I will from today on using Capture One 21. Great. Just tested to use DxO PureRAW. In Capture one 21 just click on open with and choose DxO PureRAW. After it is done in DxO I just added when asked open with I added Capture one.

I didn't realize that when I installed Capture on eit automatical hast all ededting Software I installed on my Compute to choose afterwards.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
On1's new plugin, NoNoise AI, should be release on Tuesday the 6th. It will incorporated into the 2022 version of Photo Raw available in the the fall. It can be used with C1P like the other On1 plugins.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom