Can't upload portrait orientation image

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
Dragging and dropping a portrait orientation image causes it to show up on its side. The image looks ok when it is uploading, but it seems that the forum's software loses the orientation tag.

Screenshot of the image below uploading.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the final result.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have had this happen a few times.
I just delete the post and walk away....

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Dragging and dropping a portrait orientation image causes it to show up on its side. The image looks ok when it is uploading, but it seems that the forum's software loses the orientation tag.

Screenshot of the image below uploading.
View attachment 825309

And the final result.

View attachment 825306
Huh?
Screenshot_20200526-051006.png

Screenshot of your screenshot.

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The image is oriented correctly on mobile, but not on the desktop. That may be a clue

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
Just be grateful! Never look a gift horse in the mouth. There might be Greeks in there.
Eastern Denmark, is that Malmo? I lived in both Gothenberg and Copenhagen in the 90s, but didn't realize that the Swedes had held onto any Danish territories. I'll say that my attempts to speak my badly accented broken Swedish in Denmark led to a lot of hilarity

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Eastern Denmark, is that Malmo? I lived in both Gothenberg and Copenhagen in the 90s, but didn't realize that the Swedes had held onto any Danish territories. I'll say that my attempts to speak my badly accented broken Swedish in Denmark led to a lot of hilarity
I get that. Also speaking the unaccented, unbroken variety of Swedish leads to fully justified laughter. Many Swedes (of whom I am not one!) resort to English in their attempts to communicate. But we all know what they are asking for. The closest liquor store. As well it should be. Usually, there's a short period of time between mild intoxication, and full on unconsciousness, when they are fun!

Just airing my racist beliefs here. I've actually got many Swedish friends!

Last edited:

SVQuant

Shooting by numbers
Real Name
Sameer
It appears that if I upload an image at 1200x1600, it shows with the right orientation. I will post that image of my son after resizing since he is really excited to have me post it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom