can't handle dpreview anymore

bikerhiker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David
What is reminding me now of DPreview is like watching the Republican debates except the one in Florida that looked somewhat civil in comparison. The insults, bullying and the discussion on human body parts and reproductive organ on National television watched by millions of viewers with kids in tow were even allowed was astonishing. I guess our culture today has accepted these behaviour as OK as long as it generates lots of RATINGS for the network TV. After all, many years of exposure to "Reality TV" had numbed us to the point that it is ok to bully, insult and spit out lies as facts and use influences to muzzle and crush the critics to submission.

Don't forget Amazon owns DPReview and having these negative threads going do generate a lot of ratings in a form of web traffic. Good for advertising and good for sales.

When someone says Sunny 16 rule no longer applies to MFT because of diffraction and because of aperture equivalence. I walk away. No point in trying to convince a Trump supporter when they are completely convinced he is telling the truth when the math don't add up or the equivalence people are telling the truth as well when the logic don't add up..

Last edited:

dancebert

Mu-43 Veteran
Don't forget Amazon owns DPReview
Wow. That explains it.

I mostly use their forums for a second opinion. To avoid wading through the spew, I point google at the site. Enter your search terms on google, then include (without quotes or spaces) "site:dpreview . com". Google results will usually be individual posts.

bikerhiker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David
Well.. If Donald Trump is elected President of the United States.. Maybe we'll see more than post 123.. ;) It may happen and these behaviour may well be promoted to the extreme by an Executive order by Mr. Trump.. :cautious: I hope NOT!

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
I decided to visit the DPReview forums this morning as a matter of curiosty given this thread and the third new thread was this one... The Micro Four Thirds Full Frame Equivalence: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review :)

I also hangout in a cycling forum, the Australian Cycling Forum (ACF) and mandatory helmet laws (MHL) are the equivalent topic to the equivalence debate. The ACF have resolved this by having one thread where anyone of interest can debate endlessly mandatory helmet laws. Those of us not interested can simply ignore the thread. Oh discussion of MHL is banned from all other threads.

Maybe this is what DPR needs to do.

TonyG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I decided to visit the DPReview forums this morning as a matter of curiosty given this thread and the third new thread was this one... The Micro Four Thirds Full Frame Equivalence: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review :)

I also hangout in a cycling forum, the Australian Cycling Forum (ACF) and mandatory helmet laws (MHL) are the equivalent topic to the equivalence debate. The ACF have resolved this by having one thread where anyone of interest can debate endlessly mandatory helmet laws. Those of us not interested can simply ignore the thread. Oh discussion of MHL is banned from all other threads.

Maybe this is what DPR needs to do.
They do have a thread it's the Photographic Science and Technology but the administrators won't limit the equivalence discussions to that forum. It's been suggested many times but to no avail. Someone posted that the number of clicks on DPR help determine their revenue so if true nothing will be done to restore peace since it will cost dpreview money. The m43 forums one of the most active forums on the site. I was skeptical when I read that comment but now I believe it. I decided to leave after being banned since I spoke out and questioned on the forum why one of my posts was deleted. That's all I have to say on this subject since I came here to leave behind all that bad karma that exists on dpreview.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom