Can't connect to camera with Catalina

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
Seems to be a new issue with the latest version of Olympus Workspace 1.3.0. Since updating that software I can no longer connect to me OM-D EM1 MkII. Security settings look to be correct. Anyone solve this one?

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
IIRC the issue was found to be in Catalina rather than Workspace. Are you running the latest OS on your Mac?
Yes, I am. Catalina gets blamed for a lot but it has been absolutely trouble free for me. I guess I will check with Apple Support and see if they have heard of the issue.

Last edited:

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
Ok, just tried it. Worked ok but Workspace needed a few goes to get a connection to the server. MacOS 10.15.3; Workspace 1.3; E-M1 Mark II FW 3.1--> 3.2 [success]. No special security settings as far as I'm aware.

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
Ok, just tried it. Worked ok but Workspace needed a few goes to get a connection to the server. MacOS 10.15.3; Workspace 1.3; E-M1 Mark II FW 3.1--> 3.2 [success]. No special security settings as far as I'm aware.
What do you mean by connection to the server?

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
As in downloading the updates. But I’ve had no issue connecting to the camera itself. I guess it’s a given but are you sure you’re connecting in Storage mode?

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
As in downloading the updates. But I’ve had no issue connecting to the camera itself. I guess it’s a given but are you sure you’re connecting in Storage mode?
Yes, but thanks. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling... Still no good.

Real Name
Mark
I had issues updating my E-M1 MkII to version 3.2 with Catalina. The solution was in system preferences under the Security and Privacy section General tab. At the bottom of this screen there was a message saying some system software was blocked from loading. All I had to do was unlock the screen with an administrator password click the Allow button and check the Olympus Corporation box. All went smoothly after completing this action.

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
I had issues updating my E-M1 MkII to version 3.2 with Catalina. The solution was in system preferences under the Security and Privacy section General tab. At the bottom of this screen there was a message saying some system software was blocked from loading. All I had to do was unlock the screen with an administrator password click the Allow button and check the Olympus Corporation box. All went smoothly after completing this action.
I am not seeing any message there. I have "Allow apps..." from App Store and identified developers checked. Weird thing is when mounting the camera I DO see the SD cards getting mounted to the computer and can view the contents. It is just the "Updater" app that seems to be having an issue.

Real Name
Mark
I am not seeing any message there. I have "Allow apps..." from App Store and identified developers checked. Weird thing is when mounting the camera I DO see the SD cards getting mounted to the computer and can view the contents. It is just the "Updater" app that seems to be having an issue.
One other issue I noticed was that after updating Workspace to version 1.3 the camera would not connected and the spinning circle kept spinning. I decided to download and reinstall a fresh version of Workspace from the Olympus website and then reboot my MacBook. The camera would connect but then I had the issue to resolve mentioned in my post above. I can only surmise that something went awry when updating Workspace in place to version 1.3 and that the reinstall corrected this. With Catalina’s enhanced security meant that I needed to approve Olympus Corporation in the Security & Privacy System Preferences as previously described. Maybe that the new version of Workspace app was not appropriately signed by Olympus for Catalina.
FYI I also remove all SD cards when doing a camera firmware update. Think I read somewhere that this was recommended practice.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
One other issue I noticed was that after updating Workspace to version 1.3 the camera would not connected and the spinning circle kept spinning. I decided to download and reinstall a fresh version of Workspace from the Olympus website and then reboot my MacBook. The camera would connect but then I had the issue to resolve mentioned in my post above. I can only surmise that something went awry when updating Workspace in place to version 1.3 and that the reinstall corrected this. With Catalina’s enhanced security meant that I needed to approve Olympus Corporation in the Security & Privacy System Preferences as previously described. Maybe that the new version of Workspace app was not appropriately signed by Olympus for Catalina.
FYI I also remove all SD cards when doing a camera firmware update. Think I read somewhere that this was recommended practice.
There is no point in removing the SD cards, I never do. It is like waving a magic wand over it.

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
Spoke with Oly technical support. They were familiar with the issue and were able to talk me through getting everything working. Had to uninstall, remove a file from the library folder, reinstall, then finally got that message in the security app. Enabled Olympus software and another reboot. Now all works normally. Apparently some type of security setting gets twisted when you do the upgrade to Workspace. Everything back to normal now.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom